Annoying Tanks

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
ICE x Toxiic
Sniper
Sniper
United States of America

Annoying Tanks

Post by ICE x Toxiic »

Whenever I play online I always get rushed by an army of tanks which is really frustrating. What os the best defensive way to deal with that situation if you don't have access to bombs? :S:
Image Wir entschuldigen uns für das Vaterland zu kämpfen!
{EMC}Methuselah96
Programmer
Programmer

Re: Annoying Tanks

Post by {EMC}Methuselah96 »

either build choppers or build your own tanks faster than he does
also make sure your units aren't close together
the tank's shot covers a certain area
ReoN
Tank L3
Tank L3

Post by ReoN »

Make a lot of Naders and spread them around. 2 towers might work as well. (most ppl go for grunts i don't know why but naders are much better, rather have 2 naders versus 5 grunts).
Alex6129
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner

Post by Alex6129 »

Use thumbtacks and the tanks will die as popcorn
Hablo español pero me gusta el inglés

I talk Spanish but I like English... I'm learning it slowly (and free!) in internet.
Bullseye
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Bolivia

Post by Bullseye »

Choppers :ROCK:
ZZOEE13
Tank
Tank

Post by ZZOEE13 »

helicopters will serve you much I use it too much and put thumbtacks reinstalled much if they are near your base :D
EL EMO W/H
ICE x Toxiic
Sniper
Sniper
United States of America

Post by ICE x Toxiic »

Thanks for the tips guys I will use those strategies. even though the rules for someones game will be no choppers now I know what to usr many thanks. :SWEET:
Image Wir entschuldigen uns für das Vaterland zu kämpfen!
{W.W}Dauntless
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by {W.W}Dauntless »

Tanks are massed for a reason; they are dirt cheap for how effective they are. There are some things you can do to counter the endless tank rushes though...

Tank vs Tank-counter their tanks with your own. This is the most consistent method.

Towers/Bunkers-this is not one of them. They are good because they tear infantry to pieces, but as a force to hold off a tank rush? don't bother.

Sky Bombs-tanks are vulnerable to bombs despite being fairly mobile.

Bazooka-despite being overpriced, having less health, and dealing less damage than tanks, if you have spare plastic lying around doing nothing and an anti-tank force that needs buffing, this is a decent unit.

Mines-thumbtacks are good, but being so vulnerable to removal means they are a delaying trap rather than a defense.

Choppers-Just no, though they can not be attacked by tanks, using them as an anti-tank force does not play to the chopper's strengths. most of the time you'll be dead before they can inflict any significant damage.

Dum Dums-by far the best anti-tank unit. they can deal a ton of damage, and are significantly cheaper than tanks. Note players will try to run away once they see dum dums, so press shift d to manually detonate them once you're close enough. They won't stand up to concentrated firepower though, so sending them to Banzai charge a mass of tanks is usually suicidal, (for you,) rendering them a niche weapon.

All of these strategies work best in supplement to a tank force of your own. Make sure you keep your guys spread out to avoid splash damage.