Resolution and HUD

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Resolution and HUD

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

One thing I wish is that on the lowest resolution, the graphics ain't good (obviously), but the higher resolutions makes them better, but also makes the HUD smaller (harder to use imo).

It's a shame there wasn't an option to make the HUD big or small back then.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Resolution and HUD

Post by TommyCD1 »

Uh, what do you mean? Sure the HUI gets smaller but the graphics do not get any better. Just because it's high resolution doesn't mean it's high definition. The models retain the same polygon count and the textures remain the same resolution.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

TommyCD1 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:42 am Uh, what do you mean? Sure the HUI gets smaller but the graphics do not get any better. Just because it's high resolution doesn't mean it's high definition. The models retain the same polygon count and the textures remain the same resolution.
Oh, well it seems more clearer/better to me; I probably meant clearer then, since the units do look better, but the far away hud I completely dislike unfortunately.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well sure, I guess that's how it'll be since it simply just uses more pixels to paint with.

If you're really interested I can try making the HUI like bigger or something for high resolutions. If this doesn't work for you that is.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

TommyCD1 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:49 am Well sure, I guess that's how it'll be since it simply just uses more pixels to paint with.

If you're really interested I can try making the HUI like bigger or something for high resolutions. If this doesn't work for you that is.
I just meant like on other games with higher resolution, it does look clearer, compared to higher graphics with low resolution.

I guess it was all they could do back then though and it's understandable.