Only Host sees my Map + Multiplayer Trainer not working

Having problems with AMRTS? Having problems with your Computer?
Sepulchre
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Pakistan

Only Host sees my Map + Multiplayer Trainer not working

Post by Sepulchre »

Ok so i started to make maps just out of my love for this game and learned everything from studio to editting army but something that puzzled me is that whn i tried to play make only the host sees map in multiplayer (even if the other person has it in MP ... i gave some else host and couldnt see my map :x) so can anyone tell me wht to do to fix it if its happened to u b4?
My other problem is that The MP Trainer doesnt work for me (The Game name is AMRTS.exe + exception from antivirus) can someone help me find a solution?
I hope someone helps cus the forums seem really dead nowadays......
mmm
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Only Host sees my Map + Multiplayer Trainer not working

Post by TommyCD1 »

Do you think you could be more specific, or maybe add some pictures? :? It's the printscreen button to take screenshots.

Is the map not working, like the screen shows a white square with 0 maximum players, or is it just the mini-map not working?

You could also send me a link to the map and I can see what I can do.

As for the trainer, you could try naming your game amrts.exe with no caps and make sure the filename isn't actually "AMRTS.exe.exe", or you could try the trainer I have. (It works)

https://www.mediafire.com/?7qrm7c8mrhb7lk6
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Sepulchre
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Pakistan

Post by Sepulchre »

First off ty :P and ... wow ... i didnt thought a would get a reply this quick here as army men seems pretty much dead (even though gameranger still has some rooms for it :P)

the thing that happens is tht even thoughboth users have the map installed and in MP ..... only the host sees minimap while others dont and whn you try to press play you see the option that the other player doesnt have the map (again as i said i was not hosting but had the map) ....
here is the map link
(ik it's really .... messy but was working in V1.1 but i didnt use studio at tht time)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jxh7u ... inV2.2.rar

and yea i downloaded from ur link and it also has the same problem as the one i did b4... i did change name to Small letters but had no success =/ and bcus of the trainer not working i cant even test the map b4 trying it with other players and its really hard to do so....
again ty for the reply :P
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well, here's your map.

https://www.mediafire.com/?q7uazll34816m56

There were quite a few problems to be honest... (Sorry in advance if I seem critical)

Like all of your props and resources were improperly named as "obj.prop.XXX" when they should have been "attic.prop.XXX" and the resources were "obj.resource.XXX" when they should have just been "resource.XXX".

None of the props were zipped, so I when ahead and did that. If you don't know how to do that, then when in studio, select an object and press CTRL + Down.

The music was also a bit loud so I turned it down.

The props weren't all included in the types.cfg file. If you aren't sure what a file name is, then you can just include the files "world.cfg" and "resource.cfg" and that will give you all the props and resources.

But your map looks great none the less. If you decide to upload it officially, be sure to mention that it doesn't work with the AI. And if you are going to playtest with someone, make sure ALL players have the exact same file.

As for the trainer, if the error you get is "amrts.exe not fond in memory" then remember you have to open the trainer AFTER you start the game. Also, try renaming your game to just "amrts" and see if it asks you to confirm. If not, try the trainer again and see.

:blah: Sorry for the long post!
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Sepulchre
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Pakistan

Post by Sepulchre »

I really appreciate what you did for me :P ..... and as this was my first map, having some constructive criticism really helps me improve myself so your post will certainly help me alot :SWEET:
and as for the uploading .... i will to upload the map officially after i fix a few more stuff and clean the map and stuff.
However the Trainer is still not working when i open game and then launch the game giving me the same reason as b4 (not found in memory)
but still i got a few friends that will help me test it online so i can try it like that ..... hopefully by learning how to make maps i can help revive abit of the community :P
i got one more question if dont mind answering...... is it necessary for the music to be in mp3 format?
again ty for your help you've been a great help =D>
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

You're welcome! ;) And the music can be in .wav or .mp3 format, but .mp3 is a lot better for music files.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Sepulchre
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Pakistan

Post by Sepulchre »

TommyCD1 wrote:You're welcome! ;) And the music can be in .wav or .mp3 format, but .mp3 is a lot better for music files.
ok... the trainer is really annoying me now ..... i reinstalled army men and put it in 3do hoping that it will fix the problem .... but it still doesnt work :-w
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

I'm really sorry, but there isn't much I can really do without being there myself...

First make sure you have the correct trainer. If you get a window looking like this:

Then you've got the right one.

Next you're gonna want to make sure you game is named correctly.

Go to where your game is located, and right click then hit rename.

Trying renaming it to just "amrts" and if it gives you this error:

Then click no and rename the game to "amrts.exe".

If you don't get the error, then just rename it to "armts" and proceed.

Next you are going to have to run the game. So open the game and create a lobby.

Try hitting play and it should give you this error:

That's good. Now press the windows key to minimize the game, then go run your trainer.

The trainer should open up, but if you get this message:

Then I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do...

However, if the trainer just starts, then press the "PRESS ME TO ENABLE" button, and go back into your game.

When in game, trying hitting the play button again. If the error it gives you this time is:

Then it worked! Simply add computer players, set the teams, and hit play!
"Can we order a pizza?"
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

Couldn't have said it better myself ;)
Sepulchre
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Pakistan

Post by Sepulchre »

TommyCD1 wrote:I'm really sorry, but there isn't much I can really do without being there myself...

First make sure you have the correct trainer. If you get a window looking like this:

Then you've got the right one.

Next you're gonna want to make sure you game is named correctly.

Go to where your game is located, and right click then hit rename.

Trying renaming it to just "amrts" and if it gives you this error:

Then click no and rename the game to "amrts.exe".

If you don't get the error, then just rename it to "armts" and proceed.

Next you are going to have to run the game. So open the game and create a lobby.

Try hitting play and it should give you this error:

That's good. Now press the windows key to minimize the game, then go run your trainer.

The trainer should open up, but if you get this message:

Then I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do...

However, if the trainer just starts, then press the "PRESS ME TO ENABLE" button, and go back into your game.

When in game, trying hitting the play button again. If the error it gives you this time is:

Then it worked! Simply add computer players, set the teams, and hit play!
ty for the long post of telling me how to make it work.... but it still doesnt work for some reason :/ ......i had already tried all the things you mentioned but had no success T^T
also i still use XP SP3 instead of windows 7 (my laptop sux and games take less req to run on XP :P) .... is it possible that it is the reason why the trainer isnt working?
the trainer thing is really troubling me ._.
again ty for your time