Custom Unit Names in Build Menu?

Having problems with AMRTS? Having problems with your Computer?
BobTheHunted
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner

Custom Unit Names in Build Menu?

Post by BobTheHunted »

I have added multiple custom units to my map and have them named so they show up as a readable name that makes sense when you click on them(instead of army.unit.####), but in the constructor's menu were it shows a preview, it has the prefix; game.types.####. So for example, with my unit "Super Dump Truck", it shows up fine as a unit in game, but in the garage menu it is displayed as "game.types.Super Dump Truck", most of the readable name being cut off do to lack of space in the interface.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It's rather annoying for a new player to have to guess at what a unit is/does before building it, especially the way I have my custom units set up lol
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Custom Unit Names in Build Menu?

Post by TommyCD1 »

Unfortunately no, this is not fixable. :(
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
BobTheHunted
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner

Post by BobTheHunted »

TommyCD1 wrote:Unfortunately no, this is not fixable. :(
That's quite annoying, really. I guess I'll just have to make a custom portraits file that says stuff right on the picture than. Better than nothing I suppose
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

I would recommend you name your units whatever you want and not really worry about a good 'description' for them. I mean, none of the original army men units came with a manual or anything. And if it really bothers you, you can add a short description in when you post your map.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
BobTheHunted
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner

Post by BobTheHunted »

TommyCD1 wrote:I would recommend you name your units whatever you want and not really worry about a good 'description' for them. I mean, none of the original army men units came with a manual or anything. And if it really bothers you, you can add a short description in when you post your map.
The problem is that I have newer units in the same constructor, one of them being a super dump truck, another is super medic, then there are various combat units within the menu as well. I think it would be best for the new player to be able to see at least the name so they don't make a ton of Super dump trucks thinking that they have combat abilities lol. The preview isn't exactly telltale as to the function of some units