need help getting game to work

Having problems with AMRTS? Having problems with your Computer?
Steelgeneralcj
Grenadier
Grenadier

need help getting game to work

Post by Steelgeneralcj »

well I installed the game and everything but upon startup the screen flashes and then the game closes

I installed dx9 and here are my specs

amd fx 100 core processor
8 gb ram
amd r9 270x oc 4gb card

I have no idea how to get this game to run I have tried several times and all my drivers are up to date
Petas
Map Maker
Map Maker
Czech Republic

Re: need help getting game to work

Post by Petas »

Steelgeneralcj wrote:well I installed the game and everything but upon startup the screen flashes and then the game closes

I installed dx9 and here are my specs

amd fx 100 core processor
8 gb ram
amd r9 270x oc 4gb card

I have no idea how to get this game to run I have tried several times and all my drivers are up to date
Bite reinstalling the game
and if it did have the same problem I recommend downloading amrts
somewhere else
or there is an error somewhere in the computer What is your operating software ?
I'm not saying I have good maps and that I'm a great player. I'm giving into that the most of my time.
WebSite https://petasv.wixsite.com/petasvideos
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/PetasVideosTV
GameRanger ID 5603072
DISCORD ID : PetasVideosTV#9499
Steelgeneralcj
Grenadier
Grenadier

Post by Steelgeneralcj »

windows 7 64 bit. I jsut want to paly this game I loved palying it when I was younger..
Last edited by Steelgeneralcj on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

While I am working on a new link of AMRTS for you to install, do you think you can post some screenshots? Like what is in the army men directory, or what (if any) errors appear when you try to run the game.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Steelgeneralcj
Grenadier
Grenadier

Post by Steelgeneralcj »

here is the directory http://gyazo.com/84d2068ea13e7d6bb957fdd22404000b.

the second time I tried it said exception access violation and now when I run it it goes fullscreen and instead of crashing ti freezes and I have to use task manager to shut it down, the third time I ran ti as admin on win 98 compatibility though
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Okay. The first thing we are gonna try is re installing the game. First, you're gonna have to uninstall that cheap E]x[F copy of Army Men. (No offense to them :BOO)

Next, download this:

https://www.mediafire.com/?93pyxguinbccz9z

Once you have downloaded the file, extract the contents to a new folder to work out of. Once the files have been extracted, you wanna go into the folder, then go into "_Setup" and then run the setup file.

If the program asks for administrator approval say 'yes'.

Next you want to proceed with the installation. If it says your DirectX is already sufficient, then click 'no'.

Please note that you WILL fail some cpu tests. Proceed anyway.

Next you are going to select where you want the game installed to.

Make sure that only the second box is checked here and finish the installation. DO NOT INSTALL GAMESPY! If you wish to play online, get GameRanger instead.

Now go back to the folder that you created before and go into the "Crack" folder.

There should be a file called "amrts.exe". Copy this and then paste it where you installed the game. It should replace the old file.

Now go ahead and try to run the game now. Report back to me on whether it works or not. :SWEET:
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Steelgeneralcj
Grenadier
Grenadier

Post by Steelgeneralcj »

it gave me the dx8 error and said access violation
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well sir, need not worry, I'm on the case. ;)

You can probably ignore the DirectX 8 error message. I get it too now since I moved to Windows 7.

Uninstall the copy of Army Men I sent you using Control Panel and then reinstall it again, but this time say 'yes' when it asks to install DirectX 8.0a. Remeber to copy the crack and all that!

Then use Window Update to update your directx, even if you believe it is already up to date.

Then I want you to download this:

https://www.mediafire.com/?43c0u03cu4axrcx

Extract this somewhere and then run the file DXSETUP.exe. It should install a whole bunch of DirectX drivers for different versions.

Then try to run the game again, but this time run the program as administrator.

If you get another access violation, can you screen cap the error itself, and then click "view log" and copy that here?
"Can we order a pizza?"
Steelgeneralcj
Grenadier
Grenadier

Post by Steelgeneralcj »

no errors this time, it launched but it was jsut a black screen and an endless loading cursor on my mouse
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well, can you still post the log? Go to the army men directory you installed it to and open the file called "amrts.log".

Also try to run the program in compatibility mode too. If not, then I guess to only thing to say is that I guess Army Men RTS doesn't work on a 64-bit machine. :-((
"Can we order a pizza?"