6-Desert-Disaster

Custom Multiplayer Maps
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.

Rating

1 - Improvement Needed
No votes
2 - Bad
No votes
3 - Average
No votes
4 - Good
100%
5 - Great
No votes

Total votes: 1

Nullen
Tank
Tank
Jamaica

6-Desert-Disaster

Post by Nullen »

I finally managed to get Studio working so for the past couple of days I've worked on this on and off. This is my first map aside from that 8-train mod I made that everybody loves to claim is theirs so don't expect a masterpiece.

A medium-sized desert map, some of the starting areas are pretty small so building in multiple spots on the map is necessary. There is a big pool of resources toward the center of the map and whoever has control over it will significantly bend the game in their favor. The cliffs on the edges of the map can be used to flank enemies. Grunts are instabuild, Sarge can build nurseries that train JDA Guardians from DR2, and Sarge now has a frickin' laser gun. Sarge's laser gun is purely cosmetic and it has the same stats as his regular weapon, I just thought it would look cool. Custom music is included in the map because I got tired of hearing the same soundtrack over and over again. Also, if you have Tommy's AI pack then the AI in this map can be really mean.

I am open to feedback so please tell me what I can (AKA need to) improve on.
Special thanks goes to TommyCD1 for fixing up the Guardian

Music used:
Ben Harper - When It's Good
Toy Commander Soundtrack - Feel.0
Toy Commander Soundtrack - Lost Strings
I Monster - Blue Wrath
Jean-Jacquess Perrey - Cat In The Night
Army Men Sarge's Heroes Dreamcast Soundtrack - Thick Theme

Problems:
-There are some balancing issues since the map is extremely asymmetric (selecting the bottom left start point is a smart move)
-Team 4 gets eliminated at the start of the game for no apparent reason
-Only two of the spawn points are in the correct areas of the minimap in the map selection screen, no idea how to fix this.
-Custom music doesn't shuffle, not sure if doing so is possible.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kvfgy ... saster.rar
Keep calm and get angry