Machine Gunner

This is what happens when don't balance nukes very well

Post by BobTheHunted »

Yeah....

Before:==============================================================

After:===============================================================

=============================================================================

Limbs, Heads, and Plastic Carnage Everywhere:=======================

==============================================================================================

This is why I still love this game....
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: This is what happens when don't balance nukes very well

Post by TommyCD1 »

Very nice. I recognize a few of my mods in there... :ROCK: But you should make the watermark either a little less big or less opaque.

Self destruct command I assume? :**:

Also this map, is it available for download maybe?
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Petas
Map Maker
Map Maker
Czech Republic

Post by Petas »

BobTheHunted wrote:Yeah....

Before:==============================================================

After:===============================================================

=============================================================================

Limbs, Heads, and Plastic Carnage Everywhere:=======================

==============================================================================================

This is why I still love this game....
Hello I was looking at your screenshot
and I want to ask what is the map, and even if they are going to demolish acid gun and healer ? =D> :D
ps Nice screenshot :D
I'm not saying I have good maps and that I'm a great player. I'm giving into that the most of my time.
WebSite https://petasv.wixsite.com/petasvideos
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/PetasVideosTV
GameRanger ID 5603072
DISCORD ID : PetasVideosTV#9499
BobTheHunted
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner

Post by BobTheHunted »

TommyCD1 wrote:Very nice. I recognize a few of my mods in there... :ROCK: But you should make the watermark either a little less big or less opaque.

Lol yeah I am using the Advanced camera and free camera mod along with advanced squad control built directly into the map. About the watermark, I have serious trust issues with screenshots and people taking them from experiences with other communities in the past lol.

Self destruct you ask? No. It's an actual modded airstrike that you can call in that I had just finished making before sending the map to my friends through dropbox so we could play. I didn't have a lot of time so I just made the cost 100,000 plastic and 17,750 electricity or something and made the build time pretty long. After about half hour into the game, I heard a lot of typing through my friends microphone to his team mate, I got suspicious. I knew one of the two would try to build a nuke, but it seemed far too soon. A few minutes later, an army of choppers flew to their doom into the middle of my base. My defenses killed most of them, but it was too late. I heard an evil laugh of doom and move my camera to the middle of my base. One chopper on his team managed to flank around somehow and suddenly I realized I had made a grave mistake.... After the nuke I managed to keep fighting and trying to build an army in various places around the map for about a half an hour before they finally destroyed my last bulldozer. My final stand pretty much just consisted of 2 paratroopers running for their lives until my 3 minutes was up lol.

If you look closely in the screenshot, you can see the chopper that made it through lol. I spammed print screen and pause break to capture the moment of epicness that was my base being nuked, and the game paused(somehow without the pause sprite in the middle of the screen) so I took these screenshots

This is a map that I have been working on off and on pretty much over the past 2 or 3 years, and I never publicly uploaded it, but I plan to eventually, as it is still pretty incomplete IMO.

I have made a ton of progress in the last month or so, and I am getting really into modding this game again, so hopefully other people will be able to play soonish
Petas
Map Maker
Map Maker
Czech Republic

Post by Petas »

BobTheHunted wrote:
TommyCD1 wrote:Very nice. I recognize a few of my mods in there... :ROCK: But you should make the watermark either a little less big or less opaque.

Lol yeah I am using the Advanced camera and free camera mod along with advanced squad control built directly into the map. About the watermark, I have serious trust issues with screenshots and people taking them from experiences with other communities in the past lol.

Self destruct you ask? No. It's an actual modded airstrike that you can call in that I had just finished making before sending the map to my friends through dropbox so we could play. I didn't have a lot of time so I just made the cost 100,000 plastic and 17,750 electricity or something and made the build time pretty long. After about half hour into the game, I heard a lot of typing through my friends microphone to his team mate, I got suspicious. I knew one of the two would try to build a nuke, but it seemed far too soon. A few minutes later, an army of choppers flew to their doom into the middle of my base. My defenses killed most of them, but it was too late. I heard an evil laugh of doom and move my camera to the middle of my base. One chopper on his team managed to flank around somehow and suddenly I realized I had made a grave mistake.... After the nuke I managed to keep fighting and trying to build an army in various places around the map for about a half an hour before they finally destroyed my last bulldozer. My final stand pretty much just consisted of 2 paratroopers running for their lives until my 3 minutes was up lol.

If you look closely in the screenshot, you can see the chopper that made it through lol. I spammed print screen and pause break to capture the moment of epicness that was my base being nuked, and the game paused(somehow without the pause sprite in the middle of the screen) so I took these screenshots

This is a map that I have been working on off and on pretty much over the past 2 or 3 years, and I never publicly uploaded it, but I plan to eventually, as it is still pretty incomplete IMO.

I have made a ton of progress in the last month or so, and I am getting really into modding this game again, so hopefully other people will be able to play soonish
yes
and I noticed that you have terrain atic therefore places
can you please tell how you did it transferred to the editor terain?
I'm not saying I have good maps and that I'm a great player. I'm giving into that the most of my time.
GameRanger ID 5603072
BobTheHunted
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner

Post by BobTheHunted »

HQ-Fizzo wrote:yes
Ummm... What? I edited the terrain in the Studio V2 that someone made to be compatible with AMRTS, it has the attic world and other terrain groups by default.

I should also mention after editing terrain, you should copy and replace the new terrain.blk file into your map folder(making backups of course), then replacing all .pic strings with .tga strings in the terrain.blk file with a hex editor.

Hopefully I answered your question? I couldn't really understand what you meant sorry lol
Petas
Map Maker
Map Maker
Czech Republic

Post by Petas »

BobTheHunted wrote:
HQ-Fizzo wrote:yes
Ummm... What? I edited the terrain in the Studio V2 that someone made to be compatible with AMRTS, it has the attic world and other terrain groups by default.

I should also mention after editing terrain, you should copy and replace the new terrain.blk file into your map folder(making backups of course), then replacing all .pic strings with .tga strings in the terrain.blk file with a hex editor.

Hopefully I answered your question? I couldn't really understand what you meant sorry lol
We simply need to know.
I play darkreign 2 and in the edit terrain but the problem there is word attic
So my question is that how to add terrain to DR2 game? word attic :-((
GameRanger ID 5603072
{W.W}Dauntless
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by {W.W}Dauntless »

Were the Sky Bombs not bad enough? This is just, wow, but pretty cool to see.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Still really hoping this map gets finished, or atleast a beta or something gets released. I love big uneven maps like this.
:-w
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974