More Multiplayer Computer Personalities

Download and install some cool Army Men Mods made by our community.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: New personalities for the AI.

Post by TommyCD1 »

I update the link. No AI's have been included nor have any been updated. The old link accidentally included an AI called defender.x

This AI does not attack and does not but build towers. It also does not get included in multiplayer matches like gb.x On top of that, the AI also crashes the game. =D>

So no need to redownload, but if you have defender.x in your persona folder, then you should get rid of it.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Romafal159
Noob
Noob
Czech Republic

Post by Romafal159 »

How to choose the AI, which I want to play with?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Simply place the .x files of the AI's that you want to use into your mods/persona folder. The game will then read all the files in that folder and then randomly select AI's for computer players each match, meaning it's random each time. But if you want to play online again, make sure the remove all .x files in mods/persona that you have placed there.

To remove select AI's simply delete the .x file. This works or default.x too. Just make sure to back it up first, also you cannot place AI's into a sub folder, as the game will still find them, and crash on top of that too. :**:
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Nullen
Tank
Tank
Jamaica

Post by Nullen »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... pammer.rar
Alright, this may have been done before but I can't really remember, here's an AI that's based on my preferred playstyle: This mofo loves to spam grenadiers! Kinda like the grunt AI, but arguably more annoying.
Keep calm and get angry
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

Nullen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pm https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... pammer.rar
Alright, this may have been done before but I can't really remember, here's an AI that's based on my preferred playstyle: This mofo loves to spam grenadiers! Kinda like the grunt AI, but arguably more annoying.
Good to see more variety of AIs coming along, good job. :)
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Merged nadespammer into the main download.
Nullen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pm https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... pammer.rar
"Can we order a pizza?"
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

This topic has been locked. New posts here will only be for updates to the AI's.

For any comments, questions, concerns, or if you would like feedback on creating your own AI's, then please post them here.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2367
"Can we order a pizza?"
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Just updated the master post to contain descriptions of the different AI's. I also organized the AI's into separate downloads to make it easier to choose which AI's you want to use.

Besides that, I added three new advanced AI's to the mix. They each have improved intelligence all around. They build their bases more efficiently, they are more aggressive with their units, they no longer run when taking potshots, they shoot vehicles while moving, and they all use their Sarge. Of course, while no AI will truly be able to compete in a one on one or SBS type setting, these AI's work tremendously well together or in teams, so be sure to pick them up if you love a good comp stomp!

For any comments, questions, concerns, or if you would like feedback on creating your own AI's, then please post them here.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2367
"Can we order a pizza?"
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Sorry for the lack up updates in a while! More will be coming...

This time I've updated the Campaign AI's. Now their attack scripts more closely resemble those of the campaign missions. Their low level squads should attack more quickly. They have also had their base defenses adjusted to more closely resemble the startup defenses they get in their respective missions. This includes mines too, so watch your step! :**: They also now use a random squad setup like they do in the campaign mode, which both allows for a unique type of diversity, as well as requiring a fewer number of units.

In addition to this update, I've also discovered that the PS2 version of the game has it's own default.x persona which is noticeably different from the PC version, even though it goes unused. It may even be an earlier build of it. I've included it in the 'Standard AI's' download.
"Can we order a pizza?"
TommyCD1
United States of America

UPDATE 01/22/2024 - Maxrush AI's

Post by TommyCD1 »

Hello. On stream last week, I spent a little bit of time writing a very simple Maxrush AI that would spam grunts as hard as it could. Over the weekend, I refined it a little bit more and improved its code as well as expanded it to include several different versions which each use a different specific unit.

I've updated the original link in the mod to include these new AI's. Keep in mind that these AI's are designed only for Maxrush maps; While they technically can function on regular maps, they will not perform very well if at all.

In addition to this update, I am retiring / ending support for the existing gruntest.x AI which was created by @DreadedGhoul575, as the new maxrush grunt version performs the same task with my own original code.

As usual, if you have any comments, questions, or concerns, or if you would like to receive feedback on creating your own AI's, then please post them here.
viewtopic.php?t=2367
"Can we order a pizza?"