Convert to XSI file without 3dsmax?

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Arisen
Mortar Man
Mortar Man
American Samoa

Convert to XSI file without 3dsmax?

Post by Arisen »

I have been looking into adding models into the game but ran into a problem...:GAME: :GAME: :GAME: apparently you need 3dsmax to convert your meshes to xsi format? I dont have 3dsmax and have been looking for plugins for various softwares and have found none, am I forgetting something here? :NOOB2: :Owned: :Owned:
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Convert to XSI file without 3dsmax?

Post by TommyCD1 »

No, unfortunately the only xsi pandemic exporter was made for 3DSmax 8. I can try and find a link for both 3dsmax 8 and the exporter, but it's very difficult and may take a while.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Arisen
Mortar Man
Mortar Man
American Samoa

Post by Arisen »

alright thanks, I did manage to find a 3ds max 8 link that a user here had on his signature but I downloaded it and there was no way to run it mmm
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well if you have 3ds max 8 make sure it's registered and try running it in compatibility mode. I'm on Windows 10 and I have to do some major troubleshooting before 3ds worked, and even then its still kind of f--ked.

If you have 3ds max 8 can you post the link here for others to find?

For .xsi converter this is the link
http://dummyworld.net/files/Battlezone/
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Arisen
Mortar Man
Mortar Man
American Samoa

Post by Arisen »

link 3ds max 8 http://tinyurl.com/czyajhq

here is the link, Found it in a post by a user talking about how to get models in the game :D

ok, so since im making it in blender I suppose I will have to export to obj from blender, save as a xsi and then convert to a .god file.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yes that's right. Do you know how to make a .god file or do you need help with that?
"Can we order a pizza?"
Arisen
Mortar Man
Mortar Man
American Samoa

Post by Arisen »

I think I just convert it in the dr2 converter right? If it messes up I'll post my file for you guys to bugtest.

UPDATE: made some headway, downloaded a program called softimage mod tool, but when I load in my obj it is invisible...

Also have found out that The Wings 3d modelling software can export to .3ds file format... It is a max format but i dont know if that would help here... I swear i remember seeing a 3ds converter somewhere around but idk where :BOO