My First ARMTS Mod: Heroic

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: My First ARMTS Mod: Heroic

Post by TommyCD1 »

Hey just a bit confused, is this the current link or is it the one in the main post?
Also, if you're having trouble using Methuselah's compiling, there's a way easier method of doing this. In my post "Tools for creating Army Men RTS Mods" you can download and install DrPack. With DrPack installed, you can right click your mission's folder and pack it with DrPack. This will create a .zwp of your map. Now you can the file extension from .zwp to .x You can do this by opening it in Notepad++ and saving it as "Example.x" or you can doing it using Windows by showing known file extensions, and then changing it manually. However I wouldn't recommend using Windows to do this as there's a possibility it may become corrupted, I know because I've lost a map from this...
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

MP Heroic Doubles

Post by Secg »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iht5qyyuci3q ... s.rar?dl=0

Yes, this is the one link to download the MP map only. I also renamed the map to MP - Heroic Doubles for greater clarity.
ImageImage
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Packing Folder with DrPack

Post by Secg »

I've installed DrPack successfully & I indeed see the line Pack Folder with DrPack in the drop-down menu.

However, I cannot see the .zwp file anywhere in my missions\mp directory. Where would that .zwp file locate itself?
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

The .zwp file should be created in the same directory as the folder. Check to see if you can find drpack.exe in task manager when you run it. Also be sure that the folder that you are packing is located within a folder that is not read-only and furthermore try running drpack as an administrator.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Map Packing

Post by Secg »

Hmm.. It seems that Windows 10 prevents DrPack from running everytime, even after I tried Run as Administrator. Perhaps there's a way to run DrPack using Command Prompt. Methuselah had alsready shown it but his writing style is too opaque.
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

I'm running Windows 10 and DrPack works just fine. Try going into the root folder's option and changing the security settings to allow full control to all users, and make sure your anti virus isn't blocking DrPack. Also be sure that you are installing DrPack correctly by extracting the contents somewhere safe and then running "install_dp.exe". Once installed drpack.exe and drpackez.exe cannot be moved. Also for some reason DrPack cannot work across drives, for example if drpack is installed on drive C then it cannot pack folders on drive D.

I'm really sorry that you're having this issue, as software problems like this are probably my weakest point at helping...
"Can we order a pizza?"
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Conducting a Poll

Post by Secg »

I know this question will sound silly, yet how can I make a poll to a rough idea on my mod's reception?
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Simply edit your main topic, then at the bottom where you would see the post button, click the tab for 'Poll Creation'

A poll can contain a single question with any number of answers you wish. You can allow users to choose only one or many options, and can let a poll continue indefinitely or for a given time window.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Arisen
Mortar Man
Mortar Man
American Samoa

Post by Arisen »

Secg wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 am Greetings, any who still play AMRTS after one decade.

I am not the best AMRTS player, nor the best modder. Still, I put a lot of time & efforts into making this Heroic mod.

This is the Multiplayer Map, which is based on Doubles, will not cause online dys-syncing as long as all involved players download it & do not tamper further with its .cfg & .tga files.

Full Mod Download Temporarily Disabled as I am working on newer AIs for Great Battles, as well as toning down difficulty for later story campaign's maps (I killed 1055 :o Tans after finishing S15 in more than one hour).

Cautionary Notes:

To thoroughly uninstall Heroic Mod:

a. If you'd only downaloded the MP map, then simply access your AMRTS root directory, find this missions\mp\, , then find & delete the folder HeroicDoubles.

b. If you'd already downloaded the full-mode:
  • First, delete all these folders & files in your AMRTS root-directory folders: base, worlds, missions, user, sides, mods, library, client

Next, download Clan E]x[F's Ruhani (?)'s AMRTS copy from here & extract all contents into your AMRTS root-directory
Some Features:
  • All generic Army units & defenses now use the "Random" TargetStyle, meaning that players can bait enemies into attacking high-health units like tanks or heroes, encouraging players to outmaneuver your opponents;

Players can now create & control 10 squads, numbered from 1 to 0;

Grunts, Machinegunners, Guardtowers, Pillboxes, & Choppers have slightly more Firepower;
    Mortar Man & Shrap can now attack infantry & vehicles, however, you must issue them explicit attack orders, otherwise they will just stand still;
    Shrap gains +40 range & +10 attack damage (total 200 range, 90 atk dmg);
    All Heroes now have "hero" armor type, making them highly resistant to generic army units' weapons;
    All Insects & Spiders, whether wild or hostile, all have "creep" armor type, taking reduced damage from machine-guns, rockets, tank shells & mortar shells. (irrelevant, the doubles-based MP map has no creeps)
    The Generic Sniper gets outranged by :S: Bullseye;

Super HQ no longer needs Barracks, takes 45 secs to be upgraded;
    Super Duper HQ no longer needs Garage, takes 75 secs;
    To encourage Infantry battles; Super Barracks now costs 300 pl, & takes only 30 secs to be upgraded;

To prevent Tank-Rush, tanks now require Super Garage;
    Pillboxes now consistently outranges Tanks, but will still lose to Tanks in 1on1 fight (by a pretty narrow margin tho)
    Tanks' Shells only deal 25% damage to Infantry & 15% against Heroes (that still does not mean a Bazooka man can 1v1 a tank & win; it only allows massed Bazooka to defeat massed Tanks more easily; on the other hand, Riff will defeat a Tank 1on1);
    Tanks & Halftracks cost 50 more plastic (250 pl & 150 pl, respectively);
    Each Halftrack & Chopper costs 2 Command, each Tank costs 3 Command, making vehicle-massers reach their unit limit much quicklier :lol: .

& Many more
Acknowledgements:

Credits to 3DO & Pandemic Studio's former staffs for creating & publishing this amazing game;

to TommyCD1 for instructions on how to make Advanced Squad Control & Expand Unit Display

to Arisen for tips on how to make additional Armor Types.

wow, glad my findings helped contribute to this mod ^^, it sounds cool, I will definitely be trying it out.
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

AMRTS Heroic Full Mode Released

Post by Secg »

Finally...
ImageImage