How to unpack .zwp files with DrPack?

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

How to unpack .zwp files with DrPack?

Post by Secg »

Greetings, all!

A member of AMRTS.4rumer had provided a detailed instruction on how to unpack .x files into editable .cfg ones. And so far I've successfully used this method to obtain the .cfg[/i], which I then mod with NotePad++ to make my Heroic mods.

However, does any know how to unpack Dark Reign 2's AI personality files aggressive.zwp & defensive.zwp? As I am learning to write harder AIs, however, when I right-click on the .zwp & choose the drop-down option "Edit with Notepad ++", all I saw was gibberish & I cannot apply the same method above to unpack the .zwp into readable & editable .cfgs.

Please help, & thanks in advance!
ImageImage
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Question answered by self

Post by Secg »

No worry. I've figured out how. I used Notepad++ to convert the .zwp into .x without corrupting the .x. Then I used the methods above to unpack the .x into smaller & editable .cfgs.
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: How to unpack .zwp files with DrPack?

Post by TommyCD1 »

No need for this actually, there's a much easier way of working with .zwp files called DrPack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oma727g9rb2lzhy

To install it, just run install_dp.exe and then double click on a .zwp file to have it decompressed under a folder of the same name. To recompress .zwp files, right click on your root folder ex: 8ally and then click 'Pack folder with DrPack'. This will create a .zwp file of your mission.

Also, this method works with .x files too, all you need to do is change the file extension from .x to .zwp.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

TommyCD1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm No need for this actually, there's a much easier way of working with .zwp files called DrPack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oma727g9rb2lzhy
Excellent as always :ROCK: , TommyCD1. Thanks for the link. Hopefully Windows 10 will let me run DrPack tho.
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

I've been using Windows 10 for much of my modding career by now and DrPack works just fine. The only problem I'd say though is that DrPack can only work with .zwp files that are located on the same drive that it was installed to. It won't work across drives.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974