more dr2 maps coming

Maps that are being worked on. You can post your teaser here.
TommyCD1
United States of America

more dr2 maps coming

Post by TommyCD1 »

decided to convert every single dr2 custom map i have all at once, categorized by world. first one to get uploaded will be dome maps. its maybe halfway done so yes

But I was also wondering if there was also anyone else making maps anymore? All I see are sbs 8 players EA maps on GameRanger now a days.
:W
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Nullen
Tank
Tank
Jamaica

Re: more dr2 maps coming

Post by Nullen »

I've been too busy with HL2 modding to make anything for AMRTS as of late, but I'll probably go back to it eventually. I never really made anything noteworthy for AMRTS anyway though idk
Keep calm and get angry
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Hello everybody... Well I have some things to say. 8-|

Since my last time uploading a map around September 2015, I've been working on and off on various Army Men RTS projects. Among them are a lot of maps. I've made approximately 60+ maps since then (mostly DR2 maps) but I've been attempting to upload them all together in map packs. However I'll just say this: depression is a horrible thing. I've felt very unenthusiastic about some of these maps, and the packs never just got finished. So I've had multiple maps just sitting in my folder without a cause for uploading. I'm still attempting to complete all the maps, but I was wondering this.

Since this forum kind of went south after I had the whole calamity with my being offline for 10 months and the domain being temporarily revoked, I'd like to know you guys would much rather just have my upload any unseen maps all at once in a master post, and then just post maps erratically. They won't be themed together at all, but at least new maps would be coming. I was wondering if this seemed reasonable for everyone before going through with this.

More so however, this would also mean these maps would come up with little to no media to accompany them. The best I could do this route is the minimaps, and even that would be slightly time consuming. :W
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Converting a batch of maps can be overwhelming and wearing.

In my personal opinion, I think it is only worth investing in maps that you think others will play. I would ask a simple question; Would I want to install 60+ maps? Personally no, but I'm sure there is others that think differently. I think 1 master post with all the maps, then you can edit it every time you finish a map and leave a reply so others will see a new post. That would be the cleanest route if you plan on distributing tons of maps. For me, that is the reason that I generally tried to keep my map count low. Even then, most of the maps I released have simple alterations. I am not trying to discourage you, but what I'm trying to say is compare your time spent vs whether if you think the map would be played. I myself have had to urge to release a map pack that would delete the maps that only have plastic and electricity modifications with the exception of Sniper's Max Rush. I think they are a waste of space now. Tbh, I find them quite spammy now.

You are right that the forums are not what they use to be. I'm not too fond of the gameranger community right now but before, we all knew each other and knew this was the spot to come if you wanted something to be heard. My clan members and I did a lot of promoting of the forums and players just started flocking in. I know there is still a small community of players out. Perhaps they are simply not interested in the forums, maybe they download content without singing up, or it could be that they are unaware the forums even exists. Nonetheless, I know it's possible to get players on here, my clan and I did it before when it was brand new.

Lastly, if you feel that converting all those maps is something you have accomplish, I say go for it. You are good at what you do. I know sometimes we like to do things because we simply want to. Like you, I have invested lots of time on this game so I know the feeling. Making maps, the graphics, the E]x[F Clan website (will be up soon again), the Clan Wars website (many hours of programming), the forums (which I pay for), and miscellaneous downloads. There is just something about this game that doesn't let me abandon it... Yet at least.

:GAME: