Auto Map Updater Coming Soon.

Mods that are being worked on. You can post your teaser here.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Auto Map Updater Coming Soon.

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

So I've been working on this project since the beginning of the year but stopped. I just started it back up. It's an Automatic updater for the E]x[F Maps. I call it "AutoMap Updater" or "AMU".

What is the difference between my Map Updater in my AMRTS Installer and
AMU? Well, the updater in the installer only updates maps when you first install the game. AMU will update maps whenever there are new maps or updates available.

It will check for updates perhaps everyday (at a certain time) if an internet connection is detected. If no updates or internet connection are detected, then nothing will happen. If an update is detected, you will get a pop-up message asking if you want to update your maps.
AMU will come in a simple installer, that way everything is done automatically for you (just like all my other projects). It will also be compatible with Windows 7 (32 & 64bit), and Windows XP.

This will be by far the easiest way of getting new updated maps.
No more map links, no more asking for new maps, no more nothing.. everything will be done for you automatically.

P.S. If another clan is interested in distributing their maps with this updater, let me know. If its a well thought out map, we can come to some agreement.
TheDarkMuffin
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: Auto Map Updater Coming Soon.

Post by TheDarkMuffin »

Most RTSs have this. I found AMRTS very disappointing the first time I played it, but I'm grown quite accustomed to its gameplay. Not anywhere near my favorites, more a game I play when bored, but it has a good community. Anyways, this project sounds very good, as it will help AMRTS "catch up" with other games. Thanks for being AWESOME.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

I'm almost done with it, I'm just wrapping up my map pack that will be included in the first release. I just need to code one more thing, and release it for testing.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Well, I'm basically done with Version 1 of this. Now I just need a few testers.. hmm.. Who is interested?
{EMC}Methuselah96
Programmer
Programmer

Post by {EMC}Methuselah96 »

I'm on it. (plz)
TheDarkMuffin
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by TheDarkMuffin »

I'd like to test it.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

TheDarkMuffin, do you have a messenger?
TheDarkMuffin
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by TheDarkMuffin »

Yes. My Gmail: sdrawkcaBBackwardsIsBackwards@gmail.com
My Skype: what1000144 (My name is Cave Johnson[On Skype, of course, if my name was actually a reference to my favorite game, which came out before I was named, it'd be quite suspicious])
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

OK well there is something I need to fix first.
{Ars}dragonfly
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by {Ars}dragonfly »

E]x[F-Sniper wrote:So I've been working on this project since the beginning of the year but stopped. I just started it back up. It's an Automatic updater for the E]x[F Maps. I call it "AutoMap Updater" or "AMU".

What is the difference between my Map Updater in my AMRTS Installer and
AMU? Well, the updater in the installer only updates maps when you first install the game. AMU will update maps whenever there are new maps or updates available.

It will check for updates perhaps everyday (at a certain time) if an internet connection is detected. If no updates or internet connection are detected, then nothing will happen. If an update is detected, you will get a pop-up message asking if you want to update your maps.
AMU will come in a simple installer, that way everything is done automatically for you (just like all my other projects). It will also be compatible with Windows 7 (32 & 64bit), and Windows XP.

This will be by far the easiest way of getting new updated maps.
No more map links, no more asking for new maps, no more nothing.. everything will be done for you automatically.

P.S. If another clan is interested in distributing their maps with this updater, let me know. If its a well thought out map, we can come to some agreement.
I like this idea and i wanna distribute my maps on this platform.However,if 10 clans wants to do that,users should be able to make a decision on which to download.Hope this Updater will be as sucessful as exf maps(now everyone have them)
Well,it was written in the construction kit of dr2 that dr2 allows map transferring in the lobby,unfortunately it was removed in AMRTS.I wanted to work that out,but i dont know how long will it take to transfer a 10Mo map from Mexico to Middle East.It would be useless if it takes more than 2mins.