AI mod suggestions.

Mods that are being worked on. You can post your teaser here.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: AI mod suggestions.

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yeah I posted an original thing to make myself the author but it deleted itself...

idk
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

TommyCD1 wrote:Yeah I posted an original thing to make myself the author but it deleted itself...

idk
No big deal, at least the questions are separate anyways. :SWEET:
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

sout12 wrote:So, will you release of AI's been on here or the other forum?
And add "GhostRider328" on steam because thats me on another account :D
Im on vaction and i don't have access to my phone because i forgot it so i have to use another account, i have the steam guard crap on my phone so :C
Didn't see this post before, but yes, AI updates will be posted to the old topic.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Re: New personalities for the AI.

Post by sout12 »

Ever gong to update the AI again?
:O HI!!
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Sure, got any idea?
:PB

I was thinking recently that I should make an improved translation for the Dark Reign 2 AI, where it functions better in AMRTS than the current ones do, as opposed to only in maxrush maps. But first I wanted to get all of this map stuff sorted out first.
"Can we order a pizza?"
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by sout12 »

TommyCD1 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:16 pm Sure, got any idea?
:PB

I was thinking recently that I should make an improved translation for the Dark Reign 2 AI, where it functions better in AMRTS than the current ones do, as opposed to only in maxrush maps. But first I wanted to get all of this map stuff sorted out first.
Well personally i would like a good non maxrush AI, but the problem is that the bot takes a minute to build like they want a good amount of resources before they build
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yes exactly. I think there might be a line to override this, but I have yet to experiment with it in detail, and I also believe there is code for AI to make buildings based on how much resources they have, such as how many barracks, but I think this was removed from Dark Reign 2 over to Army Men...
mmm
"Can we order a pizza?"
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by sout12 »

So is their any chance you will experiment with the AI anytime soon?
I don't mean to rush but personally its just super boring winning all the time with the AI, i know its like very unknown code but its just boring to play with the AI at its current state, i don't mean to rush you or try to tell you what to do or anything.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Not anytime soon no, but I do enjoy doing it and will get back to it after doing map things. The community has had a drought of maps with the forum's absence...
"Can we order a pizza?"
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by sout12 »

Alrighty great that your still interested in it :D
I've actually been trying to edit the AI myself but of coruse its pretty shit because i have no clue what im doing, just know how to make it build what building and build what units hahaha