AI mod suggestions.

Mods that are being worked on. You can post your teaser here.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: AI mod suggestions.

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well if you ever want to know what a specific line of code or set or whatnot does to an AI, you can go ahead and ask and I'll try to explain the best to my ability. It's been awhile since I've really dug into AI things and I could use the practice explaining to people, as can be seen by my older posts... :zZz:
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by sout12 »

Well my only concern with the AI is how to get them to build more quicker, which i know you currently don't know because you said you need to experiment but thats the only thing i want to know with the AI

Or you know how the AI are very prioritized and want to wait until they finish that one priority before they go to another, anyway to make them like such as building dump trucks to a certain number if they could possibly build a barracks in the process of the dump trucks
:O HI!!
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

sout12 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:27 pm Well my only concern with the AI is how to get them to build more quicker, which i know you currently don't know because you said you need to experiment but thats the only thing i want to know with the AI

Or you know how the AI are very prioritized and want to wait until they finish that one priority before they go to another, anyway to make them like such as building dump trucks to a certain number if they could possibly build a barracks in the process of the dump trucks
I remember Tommy giving me DR2 stuff, which allows easy editing of the script. Maybe sometime he may post/give them you?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Okay, I created a masterpost for said equipment.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2423#p13303
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Tanks2 doesn't upgrade HQ for me, plus mpgb doesn't work. Advanced Infantry, is an exact copy of default.x
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Advanced Infanty is not made by me, and it appears to be intentionally the same as deault. The only difference I can find is that it has a different priority on building units, which also happens to be the very same difference between aggressive and defensive AI, so I guess that makes a difference in some cases.

Tanks2 doesn't seem to wanna cooperate. I've notice the error in not upgrading, however no mods or fixes I've applied seem to correct the issue, not even in a maxrush environment. The only thing that I've changed that made it work was starting position on the map, so I have no idea what's wrong with it...
idk
Finally, mpgb is an exact copy of gb, but made to be picked in multiplayer matches. The original gb is designed to play with an already made base, so it does not upgrade anything or build towers by default. If mpgb on your end is simply building an HQ, a barracks, and a few grunts and grenadiers, then keep in mind the mpgb is working properly. If you want a gb AI that does stand alone, try using gbfix instead.
"Can we order a pizza?"
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

TommyCD1 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:47 pm Advanced Infanty is not made by me, and it appears to be intentionally the same as deault. The only difference I can find is that it has a different priority on building units, which also happens to be the very same difference between aggressive and defensive AI, so I guess that makes a difference in some cases.

Tanks2 doesn't seem to wanna cooperate. I've notice the error in not upgrading, however no mods or fixes I've applied seem to correct the issue, not even in a maxrush environment. The only thing that I've changed that made it work was starting position on the map, so I have no idea what's wrong with it...
idk
Finally, mpgb is an exact copy of gb, but made to be picked in multiplayer matches. The original gb is designed to play with an already made base, so it does not upgrade anything or build towers by default. If mpgb on your end is simply building an HQ, a barracks, and a few grunts and grenadiers, then keep in mind the mpgb is working properly. If you want a gb AI that does stand alone, try using gbfix instead.
Was just mentioning, in case you wanted to remove AIs, that weren't working. Overall, tens is still the best on maxrush.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

I'd rather not remove any AI's, as they all technically function. Even the slightest difference makes a new AI, and a much variation is good for a game this old.

By the way, I was thinking recently of making an improved default AI, one that corrects a bug that prevents it from making all of it's squads at once.
"Can we order a pizza?"
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

TommyCD1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:39 am I'd rather not remove any AI's, as they all technically function. Even the slightest difference makes a new AI, and a much variation is good for a game this old.

By the way, I was thinking recently of making an improved default AI, one that corrects a bug that prevents it from making all of it's squads at once.
That sounds good.
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Re: New personalities for the AI.

Post by sout12 »

Hey Tommy, are you still editing AIS ?
:O HI!!