still gone

Going to be gone for sometime? Post your updates here.
TommyCD1
United States of America

still gone

Post by TommyCD1 »

I'm not back but I'm still alive. We are going through something and I cannot log on at the time. But I will be back I promise. :) just notdead
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Re: still gone

Post by sout12 »

Hope you are okay, come back soon!
:O HI!!
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

To elaborate, we have no elec at home so I no longer have a home computer to work from. Also my school is going back to abcd lunch periods so now I no longer have access to a computer at all. I'm posting this from the public library, which I cannot play amrts on. So basically I've been rendered useless until I can get plugged back in.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by sout12 »

TommyCD1 wrote:To elaborate, we have no elec at home so I no longer have a home computer to work from. Also my school is going back to abcd lunch periods so now I no longer have access to a computer at all. I'm posting this from the public library, which I cannot play amrts on. So basically I've been rendered useless until I can get plugged back in.
Dang sorry man, thats gotta suck. Btw, im Wrecktangle or ERROR 404 - Head Not found on steam if u remember me. Hope you get your elec back soon C:
Is their any other way to contact you, i want to ask about the AI, i know how to edit it all the that i just want to learn the ways of the Tommy :D. Like, i want the AI to not get confused because when i watch the AI on doubles do a SBS 1v1, they get lots of choppers and send them to another base that nobody is even their, and then when the other AI attacks, his choppers are just sitting their. How do i make the AI like defend it's base more but still attack? Like if its advancing to a enemys base but the enemy attacks him b4 he gets their, how do u make it so that he goes back with all his units and defends the base? I already got all the personalitys.cfg so i know what to edit. Just tell me the line and what .cfg file to edit, and, how to make them build AA guns and Pillboxes around their main base? And if its a SBS 1v1, how do i make the AI build another resource depot and know that the bases are free as in like the shovel and pail are free to get, so to tell them to get their bulldozer and build a resourcedepot all around the map so they can get all the free shovel and pails? Like for them to be really aggressive with resources! Make them realize that nobody is over here, so i should send a bulldozer and a dumptruck and build a resource depot! and tell them not to send their dumptrucks to the enemy base, when they have resources their Basically, i want to just have the smartest AI their can be, i have set it to where they build 7 tanks and 15 choppers so, like a normal amrts player would build to destroy his enemy!. Like i said, the smartest AI to know what to do and know where enemys are and stuff. Like, its kinda annoying for them to send their whole army to a base where nobody is even at and then the other AI attacks them and the AI that set his entire army to the other base is just sitting their like, i want them to realize somebody is attacking my base and i need all units to help me defend ! Thanks whenever u can respond, hope u get back soon broski !!!!! :) I unpacked the tens.X file so i got all the personalitys.cfgs, so just tell me what to edit for what i said i wanted or, just make a new AI, :D!!! Or like edit Doubles and make the AI more difficult like u did on Omega ;D?? Could u code it where your offense units would go back to base if your HQ is being attacked? And if the AI advances to a base and its filled with AA guns for them to get outta deir and let their tanks deal with the AA guns or any other unit :D And, is their a way for the AI to like later in the game where they have more resources build a garage like, start off with 1 then later in the game get another and another? I want this so they can get more resources then later build a bulldozer. Is their a way for them to stop sending a bulldozer up where the battery is on Doubles, like i am playing right now and a AI is sending a one bulldozer into like 6 choppers and not even making him retreat, and thats what the bot builds its garage, how do u make it not build a garage at the battery?

What does
DangerRatio(0.05);
FirstResource(1);
Manage(10);
Recycle(1);
All mean?

Sorry for writing a book, chapter 2 coming soon!!!
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Can do much for you now but I can explain the codes somewhat.

DangerRatio(0.05); - Still not 100% sure what this is. I believe it makes AI build where there is no resistance.

FirstResource(1); - Tells AI to build depot at resources closest to base (if not already built there).

Manage(10); - idk

Recycle(1); - When resources are depleted this tells AI to melt depot + any towers defending it.
"Can we order a pizza?"
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by sout12 »

TommyCD1 wrote:Can do much for you now but I can explain the codes somewhat.

DangerRatio(0.05); - Still not 100% sure what this is. I believe it makes AI build where there is no resistance.

FirstResource(1); - Tells AI to build depot at resources closest to base (if not already built there).

Manage(10); - idk

Recycle(1); - When resources are depleted this tells AI to melt depot + any towers defending it.
Okay cool, thanks. Hope you get back very soon !
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

TommyCD1 wrote:Can do much for you now but I can explain the codes somewhat.

Manage(10); - idk

Maybe manage(10) means to do that task at 10 minutes? Once 10 minutes has passed in the current game? Just a guess though. Also, when will you be coming back?
TommyCD1
United States of America

The situation so far.

Post by TommyCD1 »

My father has dug out the old generator we have in the garage and managed to hook it up to all the computer in the house + router. BUT it's not a permanent solution... out electric is still turned off and my family seems really sick of BGE so my father was thinking of putting solar panels on the house. Sounds nice and all, but it will take a very long time to do. And this generator doesn't last forever and runs on gasoline, which as we all know costs a fortune these days. Since we are already broke enough to get unplugged, I don't know how much longer we can settle for this.

Those are the details, but the main thing is I have my own computer runnning again, and I can't wait to start modding again. Hope to see you all soon.

:SWEET:
"Can we order a pizza?"
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

LOL case in point, my mother just tried to use the washing machine and overloaded the genny. Every comp died. lol
"Can we order a pizza?"
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Re: The situation so far.

Post by sout12 »

TommyCD1 wrote:My father has dug out the old generator we have in the garage and managed to hook it up to all the computer in the house + router. BUT it's not a permanent solution... out electric is still turned off and my family seems really sick of BGE so my father was thinking of putting solar panels on the house. Sounds nice and all, but it will take a very long time to do. And this generator doesn't last forever and runs on gasoline, which as we all know costs a fortune these days. Since we are already broke enough to get unplugged, I don't know how much longer we can settle for this.

Those are the details, but the main thing is I have my own computer runnning again, and I can't wait to start modding again. Hope to see you all soon.

:SWEET:
Dang, sorry you guys are low on money and stuffz, get back as soon as you can! Btw, if you noticed all the views on the forum its because, everyday at school and at home i check to so a post and such, it keeps adding up :P