A Random Post...

Talk about any random stuff here. Play other online games?
{W.W}Ranger
Map Maker
Map Maker

A Random Post...

Post by {W.W}Ranger »

Have not been on here for quite some time...

Just 2-4 years ago this forum was extremely lively.

Everyone would wait for summer to come up to play with bunches of people.
Everyone would be pecking at certain people to learn how to map/edit etc...

Just to note... If somebody wants a game like thing to flourish they need to work for it... This game is quite old and the company that owned it (pandemic) just is gone.

If you want a game like this to raise up higher you need to get everyone's attention towards it. You must be able to make certain strategies and certain opportunities in certain special games to make it better.

Long ago there was a boost for map makers to just plow out maps. It was a booming time where people no longer just came in the summer. People came because newer topics were being discovered.

It went from hand edit coding with C++ to make experiments...
to editing Maps themselves...
then to tile editing...

In order to make this forum a little more lively (not to sound like a complete consumer...) people need to add something new to maps...

Or... just play another game which is taking most of people's attention like minecraft, COD, Saints Row 3, MW3, Black Ops, TF2, and much more...

A few ways people could make AMRTS come back are...

Below are some maps I would of made if I stayed...

Tower Defence (I was going to make this type of map until I started playing Minecraft) *This is a really great idea to take on!*

2 Floored areas

Invisible tile mazes that have different paths for each player ... (Mines travel to get to the middle for plastic and to get a garage for helicopters...)

The most important to do for all these is to test your coding skills... The easiest ones to do here are the tower defense and invisible tile mazes... Those two ideas if made would really boost up attention to this forum and AMRTS.

There is also a main thing to this don't pump out too many...

There might be lots of people now that come on daily (I think), but you need to make groups more lively and bigger to keep a system of people coming and less going.
Darth Dragon
Half Track L3
Half Track L3
Canada

Re: A Random Post...

Post by Darth Dragon »

hi ranger i even stoped playing rts because of the firewall but i play minecraft now
Oh Africa...

I know that we have to take it to the goal 'cause everyone's depending on we
See we ain't got nowhere to go but up, it's our destiny
by akon
ICE x Toxiic
Sniper
Sniper
United States of America

Post by ICE x Toxiic »

Even to this day I still play this game it was always a classic to me, I do wish more people would play this with more maps to come out and more mods but oh well. I know people still play this on gameranger but it's kinda hard to find someone who speaks english and doesn't spam tanks,bombs,heli's w/e.
Image Wir entschuldigen uns für das Vaterland zu kämpfen!
{EMC}Methuselah96
Programmer
Programmer

Post by {EMC}Methuselah96 »

hey guys, whats your minecraft forums username :)
OMEGA soldier
Mortar Man L2
Mortar Man L2
Philippines

Post by OMEGA soldier »

i wish i have minecraft