Fav army men game

Talk about any random stuff here. Play other online games?

Favorite Army Men game?

Army Men - 1998
10%
Army Men II - 1999
30%
Army Men: Toys in Space - 1999
No votes
Army Men: Air Attack - 1999
30%
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes - 1999
No votes
Army Men: Air Tactics - 1999
No votes
Army Men 3D - 1999
No votes
Army Men: World War - 2000
No votes
Army Men: World War - Land, Sea, Air - 2000
No votes
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 - 2000
10%
Army Men: Operation Green - 2001
No votes
Army Men: World War - Final Front - 2001
No votes
Army Men: Green Rogue - 2001
No votes
Army Men: Advance - 2001
No votes
Army Men: Air Attack 2 - 2001
10%
Portal Runner - 2001
No votes
Army Men: World War - Team Assault - 2001
No votes
Army Men: Turf Wars - 2002
No votes
Army Men: Air Combat - The Elite Missions - 2003
No votes
Army Men: Sarge's War - 2004
10%
Army Men: Major Malfunction - 2006
No votes
Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune - 2008
No votes

Total votes: 10

TommyCD1
United States of America

Fav army men game

Post by TommyCD1 »

Besides RTS of course. For me, 2 is definitely the next best.

:DD:

Also maybe which is WORST army men game? :o Hard to decide between major malfunction and soldiers of misfortune =))

Probably not, but if I missed a game say so below.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Re: Fav army men game

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

Army Men: Air Attack was my first ever game of army men, and I loved it so much when I was young. Miss those memories! :DD: :DD: :DD: :DD: :DD:

Edit: I had Army Men Air Attack, Army Men Air Attack Blade's Revenge, AMRTS, Army Men Sarge's War, Army Men Green Rogue (once played it little) and I think I had a third-person army men once when I was younger. Note these were all on my ps2! 8)
Last edited by DreadedGhoul575 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kennedy
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mexico

Post by Kennedy »

Army men Sarge heroes 2 on n64 :DD: , oh such a good times
Keep Calm... Im Here!
http://tru3---clan.webs.com/
{W.W}Dauntless
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by {W.W}Dauntless »

I feel like this list should be your most "tolerable" Army Men game, because there's not 1 truly good title besides RTS, (and maybe the originals in top down isometric, I haven't played them.) Army Men Air Attack is the only game I've played through more than once. My next choice would be Sarge's Heroes.

As for the worst, it has to be Soldiers of Misfortune. Seriously, WTF?
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Hey {W.W}Dauntless, I see your avatar, do you play The Mean Greens? I have that game on steam :D
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

{W.W}Dauntless wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:09 pmthere's not 1 truly good title besides RTS, (and maybe the originals in top down isometric, I haven't played them.)
Excuse me, don't even get me started son. The original Army Men games were great, with the multiplayer being truly dynamic especially when all players are on the same level of skill. They of course also introduced such major plots, including the real world vs plastic world, Dr. Madd, the bravo team, the grey and blue factions, zombies, and so much more. They also still manage to play great on newer PC builds, including my own. The weapons were very diverse by the third or even second game, with each having their own utilities balanced excellently. You'll never see some one pick up one gun and stick with it, they all have their uses through weapon design and level design, not to mention the gore on the tans!
:**:

And the Sarge's Heroes game? Oh yes please. Fantastic stories in those two, what with Plastro, Vikki, and the whole plastrification concept. And the sound track was amazing on the N64. Truly my favorites in the franchise.

Although Army Men RTS is so radically different, having a totally new big bad guy and it retconns a bunch of stuff from the previous games. It's also an RTS, and a very different one from the original games, so I guess I can understand how you might only be a fan of this particular game but not its series.
Sniper wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:14 pm Hey {W.W}Dauntless, I see your avatar, do you play The Mean Greens? I have that game on steam :D
I have it, got it gifted, but my family is currently on an internet plan for low income stuffs, so it's understandably limited. I could fire a shotgun point blank and still miss due to lag. :W
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
{W.W}Dauntless
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by {W.W}Dauntless »

Fair enough; as I said, I've never played them. For me, the modern 3D PS1 games I played (3d, Sarge's Heroes, World War(s)) have nostalgic value to me, but I don't think they have enough charm to be worth playing multiple times.

Let's take Army Men 3D as an example. You'd think the game would be great given it's based off the originals people liked so much, but no, it isn't.

-Bots programmed to walk predictable patrols and capable of doing little besides running towards the player is acceptable for the time, but 90% of the enemies in this game can't even do that. They stand still, begging you to snipe them off.
-The rifle you start with is the best weapon in game by FAR, even better than the one you pick up, indicating poor balance.
-No allies to fight alongside in an ARMY MEN game! (When I got to the like... 2 missions where you have a squad of 3 guys, I was like "Where has this been the rest of the game?!"
-By far, the greatest sin of all, you die once, and you go back to the beginning of the level. It's inexcusable, even for its time.

That's 4 game ruining problems I listed right there. If I were to rate it out of 10, those 4 things would each bump it down a point to 6/10.

EDIT Also, yes, I love The Mean Greens; just wish more people played. I figure, if anyone doesn't know about it already, the least I can do is make it my avatar.