Play as Tan in Single Player

Custom Single Player Maps
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.
DreadedGhoul575
Sniper L2
Sniper L2
Great Britain

Re: Change player's color from green to tan

Post by DreadedGhoul575 »

Glad it's fixed; I was wondering why I was never getting victory, when Blintz was dead lol.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Play as Tan in Single Player

Post by TommyCD1 »

Updated the mod to be compatible with the Special Operations. If you only use the Special Operations without the Intelligence Files, then install this mod after installing the other to get tan Special Ops. If you want to use Intelligence Files too, then unfortunately this mod remains completely incompatible.

EDIT: As of the release of my new Custom Campaigns Add-On mod, this is no longer true. This mod will be compatible with or without installing the Special Operations and Intelligence Files.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
ladyjade90
Noob
Noob
Puerto Rico

Post by ladyjade90 »

is it possible to get a version for blue grey red and orange armies?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

It's possible of course, but any color changed has to be explicitly coded into the mission files themselves. Even if you only edited the game.cfg file for changing team colors, there are still other aspects of some textures, such as Blintz or Vikki, which are baked into the texture files themselves which are edited for this mod as well.

If you're interested, you can extract the game.cfg files from any mission you choose, and them modify them to change the team colors to any desired one. Just simply create a folder with the same filename as the mission you want to modify and place your edited game.cfg within it, and the game will use that version over the one inside the .x archive.

A game.cfg file defines teams using the CreateTeam() function, and the Color() function within that block determines the team's color ingame. An example:

Code: Select all

CreateTeam("Green", 0)
  {
    Color(94, 242, 65);

Relations()
    {
      With("Green", "Ally");
      With("Tan", "Enemy");
      With("CinGreen", "Neutral");
      With("Crates", "Enemy");
    }
The three numbers correspond to red, green, and blue channels respectively and are ranged from 0 - 255.

That being said, I wouldn't be interested in making versions of this mod for any number of different colors, as it would be a bit tedious and would begin to demand a lot of space for the multiples of each map being changed.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974