Adding explosion to instant weapons

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
conduract
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Adding explosion to instant weapons

Post by conduract »

Hello guys,

I wanted to know if there is a way to add explosion property to instant weapons because, as far as I have tested, it can only be added to weapons that are projectile style and have the projectileobj() setting. I have tried many things to get it to work on instant weapons but to no avail. Can someone help me out?

Thank you.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Adding explosion to instant weapons

Post by TommyCD1 »

As far as I've found, this isn't possible to do. The best advice I can give you is to make a projectile that is homing so it cannot miss, and then make it travel so quickly that it is effectively instantaneous. This is what I did in my grunt rush map to give Scorch splash damage. Hope this helps!
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
conduract
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Post by conduract »

Thanks for the reply TommyCD1!

Yeah, you are right. The only things I have found that can have explosive properties are the projectileobj() or the selfdestructexplosion for dumdum or the destructexplosion when the bases explode but the latter two only work when placed in unitobj(). And adding special explosion effects does not help.

And there comes a point in speed where the projectile gets so fast that it passes through enemies to the other side. No matter what projectile model you use (guided, arc, straight) all go through so you have to limit the speed. It is just that my instant weapon squad members get to kill most of the enemies first before sarge shoots.
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Post by HarrickGreen_TRB »

TommyCD1 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:42 pm As far as I've found, this isn't possible to do. The best advice I can give you is to make a projectile that is homing so it cannot miss, and then make it travel so quickly that it is effectively instantaneous. This is what I did in my grunt rush map to give Scorch splash damage. Hope this helps!
GameRanger ID: 913974 WOW, i just uninstall cause none of my friend are only anymore. :(
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Sorry to hear. I'd play you once I had a computer running at home! :W
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974