IS POSSIBLE TO ADD MORE THAN 8 TEAMS IN GAME????

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
unikc
Half Track
Half Track
Indonesia

IS POSSIBLE TO ADD MORE THAN 8 TEAMS IN GAME????

Post by unikc »

is that even possible to add more than 8 teams in game? :PB
Last edited by unikc on Sat May 18, 2019 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another day another idea 8) :C
BTW I Love Easy Modding.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Re: NEW TOPIC

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

No, I tried it a long time ago. Unless someone can prove me wrong. Also, make sure you give your topics a relevant name.
unikc
Half Track
Half Track
Indonesia

Re: NEW TOPIC

Post by unikc »

ok i changed topic . sorry
hmm i curious more than 8 teams will be like ww2 8)
BTW I Love Easy Modding.
Rarefy (R.SX)
Half Track
Half Track
Mexico

Re: IS POSSIBLE TO ADD MORE THAN 8 TEAMS IN GAME????

Post by Rarefy (R.SX) »

i was thinking of adding different game modes one time.... but you know.. i dont have the expertise to create that.. lol idk
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Unfortunately according to the game's error messages, and Dark Reign 2's source code, the game engine is only capable of support eight teams. I heard a rumor though that Dark Reign 2 was capable to handling up to 32 individual players, provided some of them shared one the of eight team slots, meaning that up to three players could all control the same units. I've never seen this though, and cannot seem to find this capability withing the menus of Dark Reign 2. There is some evidence to support this though, as you can have to two teams defined in game.cfg with the same ID number and they will both count as only one team, and can both control the same units. I've experimented with this by having a computer controlled team that I also could move its units around manually. The only problem with this is that the game would crash upon the mission ending.

Hope this helps your research! :blah:
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
unikc
Half Track
Half Track
Indonesia

Post by unikc »

TommyCD1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:05 am Unfortunately according to the game's error messages, and Dark Reign 2's source code, the game engine is only capable of support eight teams. I heard a rumor though that Dark Reign 2 was capable to handling up to 32 individual players, provided some of them shared one the of eight team slots, meaning that up to three players could all control the same units. I've never seen this though, and cannot seem to find this capability withing the menus of Dark Reign 2. There is some evidence to support this though, as you can have to two teams defined in game.cfg with the same ID number and they will both count as only one team, and can both control the same units. I've experimented with this by having a computer controlled team that I also could move its units around manually. The only problem with this is that the game would crash upon the mission ending.

Hope this helps your research! :blah:
Thanks BRADA you absolutely god now i not confuse again about this s**t . TOPIC CLOSED.
BTW I Love Easy Modding.