How to: Attach an Image

If you are new, look over this section first.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

How to: Attach an Image

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Images should be uploaded directly to the forums. This will ensure that images remain permanent.

Attachment limit per file is 512kb.
If your file is over 512kb, then compress it using a program like Photoshop or Gimp.
You can still get really good quality (Note the Injustice 2 picture below) from a file under 512kb.
(Files sent through Private messages are limited to 256kb.)

Here are the steps:

1. Scroll to the bottom of the post and click Attachments
AddingAttachments01.jpg
2. Click Add files and select them
AddingAttachments02.jpg
3. Click Place inline
AddingAttachments03.jpg
4. Click Submit and you're done
AddingAttachments04.jpg
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Re: Image Attachment Test

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

You are now allowed to upload image attachments to the forums directly. No more looking for a 3rd party imaging host. :ROCK:
This is a test to demonstrate how large images are displayed and how they can be saved with fairly good compression.

Original Image Data
Size: 2.21MB
Dimensions: 1920x1080

With compression
New Size: 333kb
Dimensions: 1920x1080

Photoshop settings used:
Export > Save for web (Legacy)
JPEG: High
Quality 60

Sample Image
Injustice2.jpg
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: How to: Attach an Image

Post by TommyCD1 »

Is 512k a default value or can it be tweeked a bit? I will compress images for sure, but it seems that at 640x480 resolution, some screenshots taken by the game are OK, but some are just barely too large. I would like to be able to take a batch and screenshots and simply use them as is, without having to compress roughly half of them... :DD:
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Re: How to: Attach an Image

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

That number can change but the smaller file size the better. That is because the server not only has to load the pages but the images as well so it will take longer. You may think that it's not a big deal but Google takes load times in consideration while indexing pages and can affect ranking. I showed in the example that even a big image can be compressed to look good. You either have to compress them yourself after capture, which I always do anyway because web images should not be big in file size, or you can use screen capture software that compresses the images for you during capture.