How I started playing Army Men RTS

How did you start and why do you still play? Tell use your story.
DavidTheTech
Programmer
Programmer
Ireland

How I started playing Army Men RTS

Post by DavidTheTech »

I started playing in 2006 when my dad had brought me home 2 PCs from the army he used to be in(25 years)
So he brought them home the desktop background was funny as f--k, a guy in a santa outfit with a thong on on top of a tank going through Afghanistan.
I see a folder called Army Men RTS so i open it and being 6 at the time i opened amrts.exe and started playing i beat all missions gold medal and all played on my own (didnt have internet) playing great battles completing the game a few times for around a year, everyday i came home from school i was instantly on it playing it.
Then me breaking the game(sort of) i was messing around with the files and decided to set it to run in comparability mode and didnt know how to change it back as i was just messing with it and ended up not being able to play it until around 2013 - 2015 this is when i did tons of modding and map making and having fun with friends playing it then got into other stuff and since 2018 (half of the year) i started to do reverse engineering it and only recently took it serious and found a bunch of stuff
I was the first one to officially unlock studio mode for Army Men RTS
Add me on Discord DavidTheTech