How I discovered & re-discovered Army Men RTS

How did you start and why do you still play? Tell use your story.
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

How I discovered & re-discovered Army Men RTS

Post by Secg »

I started playing AMRTS upon its release in 2002; I was in my 2nd semester of 8th grade then. I beat all the campaign missions (earning Bronze medals in most :| because my resource & time mangement skills were mediocre back then), so I was unable to unlock & played GB missions 5 to 8. I barely managed to earn Bronzes upon finishing on GB missions 1 & 2 & never managed to beat GB 3 & 4.

Due to the financial hardship my family was enduring at the times, we pawned and/or sold many of our possessions (including our family PC with my RTS games installed on). Later on, when our family'd recover financially somewhat & we could again afford a PC, I'd again play other RTS, yet I kind of forgot about AMRTS.

I only rediscovered AMRTS again about 4 years ago, when I was ~25-26. The copy I downloaded & currently own belongs to a player named Ruhani. I continued where Ruhani'd left off, & this time, I managed to earn gold medal 8) in all campaign missions (I'm a better gamer now) & unlock GB missions & eventually, after grinding for months, finished the PC version with all Gold Medals <:-P .

I started modding AMRTS after chancing upon this website, which instructed how to extract data & mod the .cfg files, & I finished my 1st mod Heroic two years ago (Heroic mod, however, has been lost when I cleaned up my PC & Dropbox :( :-(( ).

I'm 30 now & play-testing my Heroic 1.1 mod. Progress has been slow :-w ; as I have to juggle three balls: school, work, & life. Still, I hope I can release Heroic mod 1.1 by Xmas. Cheers! :ROCK:
ImageImage