Army Men RTS Studio prop question

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Rarefy (R.SX)
Half Track
Half Track
Mexico

Army Men RTS Studio prop question

Post by Rarefy (R.SX) »

Alright so i have 2 questions. :PB

Does anyone know if i can add props to the existing worlds? if so how?

How do i add props into different existing worlds from a different world type?

Please and thanks... as soon as someone answers.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Army Men RTS Studio prop question

Post by TommyCD1 »

I assume you want to move objects from one world to another, and not create entirely new props. So...

When you start a new map in the studio, you'll by default have access to all the objects that are included through the file 'types_world.cfg'. This file can be found in the .x archive of the world. Some worlds, however, have additional props that you'll have to add manually. To do this, first save any current progress you have, or simply create a new temporary map of any size, and save that.
Now, navigate to where your mission was saved. By default, it will save to the first alphabetically listed mission folder: in this case that would be 'bc_p'.
Inside your mission, you will see four files:
  1. game.cfg
  2. objects.cfg
  3. terrain.blk
  4. terrain.tga
We'll have to create a new .cfg file, using the text editor of your choice. In your .cfg file, you can include the filename of the prop you want to use by adding it like so:
include.png
include.png (14.35 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
include.png
include.png (14.35 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
Once you've added all the files you need, save it to your mission's folder as 'types_mission.cfg'.
Now, when you load the map into studio you will have access to place the props you have included.

If you want to use a prop from another world into a different one, you should follow the same steps as above, then you'll have to copy the included files over from the world you want them from.
For example: If you wanted to take the target from the sandbox world, first you will need to:
  1. Include 'obj_prop_target.cfg' through 'types_mission.cfg'.
  2. Extract the contents of the sandbox.x archive.
  3. Copy the 'obj_prop_target.cfg' file into the mission directory.
  4. Copy the necessary files for the prop.
    • prop_target.god
    • prop_target.tga
    • sandbox.prop.target.fpd
Now you will be able to place the target prop into your map without using the sandbox world. You can do this on a per map basis for online, but you cannot do it to the world itself without needed to distribute that as well.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Rarefy (R.SX)
Half Track
Half Track
Mexico

Post by Rarefy (R.SX) »

Alright now that makes sense... by the way, do you still use discord Tommy?.. I might have frequent questions still since i am fairly new to this. :S:

By the way i didnt mean new props, but props that i didnt see all in the Attic world for example... There is some things here and there i noticed that arent deployable...that ive seen in campaign, great battles, and such other maps.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yes. They all exist in the studio, but for whatever reason they are excluded from 'types_world.cfg' so they'll have to be included manually through 'types_mission.cfg'.

Look through all the world .x archives to find out the options you have.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974