jda_artillery.god *TREADS FIX*

Add some Dark Reign 2 (DR2) objects to your game.
TommyCD1
United States of America

jda_artillery.god *TREADS FIX*

Post by TommyCD1 »

"These self-propelled artillery units combine the best features of a light tank with a powerful Miklin 790-series artillery gun which produces an arcing fire that rains oblivion on unsuspecting Sprawlers.

Though a good all-target fighting machine, the Mastiff carries light armor; the well-publicized events of the Warsavian police action in 2499 showed it is best used from a rear-line position where we can protect it from air attack."
Mastiff.png
Mastiff.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
Mastiff.png
Mastiff.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
The Mastiff was an artillery unit in DR2, similar to a Mortar Man, that could fire a large mortar extreme distances. Unlike in Army Men, however, the Mastiff was able to hit any armor type, aside from air units.
While this .god file has always worked in the Army Men RTS engine, there is a key different somewhere in both games' code that created an issue. That issue pertained to the treads on the vehicle. If directly ported without modification, the treads on this vehicle would not animate. This has been patched. To use this model, simply extract the zipped files to your missions' or mods' directory, and then use the .god file inside a .cfg from there.
Mastiff.zip
(59.26 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Mastiff.zip
(59.26 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
List of animations
  • Fire
Note: Unit particle effects, voice lines, and configuration not included.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
{Colonel}Jo-Eg
Sniper
Sniper
Egypt

Re: jda_artillery.god *TREADS FIX*

Post by {Colonel}Jo-Eg »

Great job man i try it and it's works
And i edit on it
:D
Just Dream.......... :zZz:

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
From its claws a lion is recognized.
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

Great job TommyCD1!

Can you post the Growler's and Bulldog's gods also?
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

The Growler and Bulldog models don't need any tweeking done to them to make them compatible. They don't have treads nor chunks. So you can simply copy the .god file over from the DR2 files.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

Thanks for the reply! I've successfully imported them. Still, they're textureless :(

I think I'll just need to convert their textures from .pic to .tga
ImageImage