Map "Advanced Warfare"

These maps all have broken links. If you have these maps, upload them and we can update the links.
Forum rules
These topics need DIRECT links to the maps. You can post your website if you want but it must also include a direct link. If the maps are now included in a map pack, then post the link to the topic where the map pack is so that it leads to a valid link.
Cross VE
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Cuba

Map "Advanced Warfare"

Post by Cross VE »

Hello everyone today i bring the map Advanced Warfare.
I hope you enjoy and comment please.

https://mega.nz/#!YlQnxKzD!XTzx4rxlCnnI ... 0_xlKyTWYA

Listen,
The terrain is not mine,
the dr2 units is not mine
Have fun

Only you have to do is extract the files into you Amrts folder
if you find some errors please tell me. :SWEET:
Last edited by Cross VE on Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;) I really like this game for online gameplays and editions.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Map "Advanced Warfare"

Post by TommyCD1 »

Your map link contains not only a custom map, but it also contains mods to the files
'obj_army_paratroopers.cfg'
'types_messages.cfg'

This will cause DIFFERENT DATA when attempting to play online with others who have not installed this mod. This can be simply fixed by placing these two files inside your map's root folder when compiling it, rather than as a mod to the base.x file.

I have not tried out the map yet, but when I do I will be sure to leave a review of how it plays... until then, you should absolutely look into fixing this!
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Cross VE
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Cuba

Re: thanks for the advice

Post by Cross VE »

Sorry about this but don't worry i will fix this.
Anyway thanks for the advice.
Next time i will post screenshots of the map. :SWEET:
Cross VE
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Cuba

Post by Cross VE »

In this link i post the map with these errors fixed try this

[In the first post i change it and post this link]

https://mega.nz/#!YlQnxKzD!XTzx4rxlCnnI ... 0_xlKyTWYA

Have fun ;)
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Okay. Here is what I think of the map so far...

Layout -
Just a modded version of Doubles... :W

Computer Player -
I notice that this comes with it's own computer player. While the computer plays decent enough, I suspect this is only because of the insane resources at home base. Once it's depleted, AI becomes worthless once more... Also, the AI uses custom units in the map, which means that it will CRASH if played on ANY map except for this one!

New Units -
New units are always fun to look at, but are difficult to create without stepping on the toes of existing units who already fill the basic niches. For example, in this map you have a new dozer type. It can build some new towers and an ant hill. But the towers it can build are only a DR2 turret, and Blintz' Acid Gun. The DR2 tower is abysmal. It has less than 200 HP, meaning it can deal with infantry just fine, but one tank and it is history.
The acid gun, however, is just straight up better than any other defense, except maybe the AA Gun. The only thing stopping you from building is the insane price tag. Also, the Acid Gun and Healer cannot be recycled once built...
Next, is the ants. Ants are EXTREMELY OP. They have fast speed, HUGE damage output, and are dirt cheap. Only thing holding them back, they have low range, which means they can get mobbed by big crowds of DumDums, infantry, or other ants. And they cannot shoot choppers. But even then, chopper's main weakness is they cannot stop enemy from simply running underneath.

All in all, it's interesting to check out for custom stuff, or to play Doubles in a new way. But I would not recommend playing with other people, who will absolutely spam acid gun + ants. Better for comp stomps... Also I have not gone over all custom units either, so check it out yourself peoples.
:zZz:

P.S. Make sure you include some media of your map (Video, screenshots) the next time you post! A poll is recommended too!
Attachments
amrts 2020-11-04 00-20-58-03.png
amrts 2020-11-04 00-33-57-98.png
amrts 2020-11-04 00-45-57-98.png
amrts 2020-11-04 00-47-57-99.png
amrts 2020-11-04 01-02-57-97.png
amrts 2020-11-04 01-04-27-98.png
amrts 2020-11-04 01-05-27-97.png
amrts 2020-11-04 01-10-57-97.png
amrts 2020-11-04 01-11-57-98.png
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Cross VE
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Cuba

Post by Cross VE »

a good creation but i need improve some things