Problems Installing Game on Newer Software

Having problems with AMRTS? Having problems with your Computer?
Bowser7372
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Mexico

Problems Installing Game on Newer Software

Post by Bowser7372 »

Does anyone know how to get the AMRTS running? I bought a new laptop (latest Windows 10) and tried transferring the AMRTS on my old hard drive (downloaded from here) and I got the typical "the procedure entry point could not be located in the link library" and the DIRECTX was not compatible. Then I installed the original one from the game CD, it downloaded correctly, no messages whatsoever, in fact nothing happens. I tried erasing the transferred one I downloaded and reinstalled the original and still nothing. I also ran compatibility mode on both to Windows 8, 8.1, and XP Service Pack 3 and still nothing. Any ideas?

PS: I hating Windows 10 rn. I can't do jack squat on what I could on 8.1 Pro.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Problems Installing Game on Newer Software

Post by TommyCD1 »

First thing I would recommend trying is dgVoodoo2. You can acquire it from this site here.
Second thing that I've heard works is renaming the file 'dbghelp.dll' into something else. This file can be found in the '\..\library\dbg\' folder.
Third after that I'm not really sure. You can try one of these in combination with Windows compatibility settings, or you could try downgrading your graphics card driver from the vendor's site.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
nathanfranke
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Post by nathanfranke »

Do you own the game on Steam (Only $1.49 during the winter sale)? In that case, I would launch it from there. If you have modifications, you can simply replace them into the steam directory.
"What I mean is, you changed my life. And then, I changed your life. And now, we change our lives."
- Sapphire, Steven Universe
Bowser7372
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Mexico

Post by Bowser7372 »

TommyCD1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:56 am First thing I would recommend trying is dgVoodoo2. You can acquire it from this site here.
Second thing that I've heard works is renaming the file 'dbghelp.dll' into something else. This file can be found in the '\..\library\dbg\' folder.
Third after that I'm not really sure. You can try one of these in combination with Windows compatibility settings, or you could try downgrading your graphics card driver from the vendor's site.
I'll try renaming the dbghelp file first if not I'll download Voodoo. Thx bro.
Bowser7372
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Mexico

Post by Bowser7372 »

nathanfranke wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:55 pm Do you own the game on Steam (Only $1.49 during the winter sale)? In that case, I would launch it from there. If you have modifications, you can simply replace them into the steam directory.
Im gonna try Tommy's methods first, wcs i'll buy it from Steam. Thx for the advice.
Bowser7372
Bazooka Man
Bazooka Man
Mexico

Post by Bowser7372 »

Bowser7372 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:21 pm
TommyCD1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:56 am First thing I would recommend trying is dgVoodoo2. You can acquire it from this site here.
Renaming the dbg from "dbghelp.dll" to "olddbghelp.dll" got it working, thx again.