creating exit points for custom buildings

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

creating exit points for custom buildings

Post by matik246 »

Greetings, friends! So, i managed to learn how to create custom unit models, and i wanted to also create a structure that would serve as a unit constructor. However, structures like this require "Exit Points" and i don't quite know how to create them. They are not mentioned in @TommyCD1 's model creator tutorial, so i wanted to ask, if anyone knows how to create these, if you could please help me with making them? Thank you in advance! :PB :PB idk idk

edit: so, by studying the .god file of the garage, i found out that the model needs two objects in it named "OP-EXIT1" and "OP-EXIT2". I tried to add the exit1 into the middle of my model and exit2 outside. Now, the units do spawn, however they do not move out of the structure even if they are given an order to. I also found some "SP-1", something that's most likely related to the footprint of the structure, however when i added it, it replaced the original footprint entirely, so i am still kind of stuck.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: creating exit points for custom buildings

Post by TommyCD1 »

Model creation is still one of my weak points and sadly I'm not able to help in this regards. The best I can offer is to study the DR2 meshes using the meshviewer to see how these points are implemented. As far as I'm aware, it should be the same structure as AMRTS.

Also yes, SP-1 is for the model's footprint. As I understand it, the SP-0 layer affects the terrain itself, and the SP-1 layer signifies the elevation that units stand on / cast shadows onto should the footprint be pathable.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

Post by matik246 »

Yeah i guess i can try to study the meshes from DR2. Are there any availible .xsi or other format models from DR2 that could be imported into 3dsmax?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Unfortunately not. The only known models that aren't compiled into .GOD format are the .XSI models of the guardian, scorpion, and construct rig that are provided with the meshviewer itself. However, you can still place .GOD files into the meshviewer files to view them. You can see its list of animations and bones as well too.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

Post by matik246 »

Right, but i'm assuming exit points (for buildings) will not be visible, since the meshviewer and the game engine renders them invisible

edit: tried to look at the amrts god files in the meshviewer but the only thing that appears is a rotating pandemic logo
:-(( :-((
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

You cannot view AMRTS models, but you can still view the DR2 ones.

Also yes hardpoints are invisible, but you can still select them from the drop down list to see where they exist at.
Attachments
DR2 screenshot 0.jpg
"Can we order a pizza?"
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

Post by matik246 »

Oh alright, thank you very much! :D :D :D
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

Post by matik246 »

Thank you so much for showing me where you can see all the special objects (such as hardpoints)! I managed to get the exit points working!
:D :D :D :D :D :D