Help with creatiting rotational weapon nodes or fast spinning animations

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

Help with creatiting rotational weapon nodes or fast spinning animations

Post by matik246 »

Greetings, fellow soldiers! So i've had the opportunity to create a few models, thanks to @TommyCD1's 3dsmax tutorial here on the forums. I even somehow self-taught myself how to create very simple animations for the models, but unfortunately i have some problems. 8() 8()

1.) I cannot find out how to make a working animation of the spinning helicopter rotor. I tried to make a helicopter model, but whatever i did with the animation inside of 3dsmax, the Meshviewer did not pick up the animation at all. :-(( :-((

2.) There seems to be an issue where you can only make an animation that doesn't involve multiple moving objects moving in different ways at the same time. For example, i tried creating a building that would open up at the top and bottom, and the opened parts would spin around in 360° after opening, but this animation was not rendered into the DR2 meshviewer. I don't know any criteria of how complex the animations can be for the meshviewer to allow them.
:| :|

SIDE NOTE: While applying animations to my models i noticed, that for some reason the meshviewer reads prefire and postfire animations as swapped. Let's say you export the animated model and name it *something*-prefire.xsi, and then assign it to the default model in the meshviewer, create the .god file and put it into the game, it is instead used as the postfire animation. And the other way around as well (postfire named animations are used as prefire animations in-game). I do not know whether this issue is only on my side or if the issue happens with other types of animations. mmm

3.) I can't really create infantry units (because i don't know how the bone systems, or whatever, work), so i stick to making vehicles, but there's only so much that looks decent when your vehicles cannot even rotate their turrets. So i would hope someone here knows how to create weapon nodes and/or rotatable turrets, and if you could teach me the creation of those, it would be hugely appreciated! :SWEET: :kittty:
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

Re: Help with creatiting rotational weapon nodes or fast spinning animations

Post by matik246 »

Well, i now managed to make an object that rotates around on the X axis, but when i add a cp-barrel that i want to rotate upwards or downwards, then it either rotates the wrong way or from the wrong point or it even starts out weird. I wish someone who made models before was able to help me with this :<