A Quick Skirmish

Custom Single Player Maps
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.

How would you rate this map?

1/5 = No one should ever play this!
No votes
2/5 = I do not want to play this again.
No votes
3/5 = I would play this only the first time...
No votes
4/5 = I enjoy this and recommend it.
100%
5/5 = This is my preferred way to play!
No votes

Total votes: 1

TommyCD1
United States of America

A Quick Skirmish

Post by TommyCD1 »

Very creative name, I know. This is a short, quick single player map created partially on stream just to demonstrate the studio add-on I created. The goal of this map was to create it strictly using only premade vanilla assets. The only custom parts are the intro cutscene (which is largely borrowed from Flooded Follies), and the mini-map. Contains no medal goals.

Download link

Extract to your Army Men RTS root directory. Custom Campaigns \ Missions Add-on Support is recommended.

Since this mission has no medal goals, you may freely replace any existing mission with it in order to play should you eschew installing my custom missions add-on. The goal is simple and straight forward. You have a Bulldozer, and there's a Tan base; Destroy it. The map is very small and rather stingy on resources, so an aggressive play style is recommended. Personally, I would give the map an easy to medium difficulty rating, although you could have some trouble if you aren't familiar with fighting skirmishes one unit at a time. The Tan use the default Great Battles persona, so they may flank you unexpectedly if you aren't paying attention. Other than that, the goal is very simple. Destroy all of the Tan facilities to win, and that's it.

Images
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
FlamingC64
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Re: New map: A Quick Skirmish

Post by FlamingC64 »

Hey Tommy, sick new map. I remember watching you make it on your stream. I just had one quick question but, how did you make the props appear on the minimap. I remember you had talked about pasting certain parts from other maps but I was wondering if you had used a more efficient method when creating this one?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: New map: A Quick Skirmish

Post by TommyCD1 »

I used a rather smart technique that @j3rry suggested: I just take a screenshot of the prop from a top down perspective in the studio editor. Then, I cut out the surrounding floor in an image editor, scale the screenshot down to fit in the mini-map, then position it accordingly.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974