Custom Sabertank (hover tank) Unit

Add some diversity to your game by adding some new custom 3D objects. (No objects from the internet)
FlamingC64
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Custom Sabertank (hover tank) Unit

Post by FlamingC64 »

Here is the newest custom unit I have been working on. Big thanks to Tommy for helping fix the particle effects.
Once again, if you want to use this model in maps feel free but please give credit.
Let me know if there is anything missing, it was a pain to try and compress all the files down to fit. Some of the audio was too big.
Attachments
screenshot 2.png
screenshot 1.png
screenshot 1.png (163.97 KiB) Viewed 17974 times
screenshot 1.png
screenshot 1.png (163.97 KiB) Viewed 17974 times
Sabertank_unit_by_FlamingC.rar
(464.57 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Sabertank_unit_by_FlamingC.rar
(464.57 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Sargexle
Noob
Noob
Cuba

Re: Custom Sabertank (hover tank) Unit

Post by Sargexle »

Hello friend, let me introduce myself, I am a 23-year-old boy from Cuba, in this country it is impossible to get any 3D editing programs, much less 3DS MX 8. I will explain the salary of a doctor here, it is 8 dollars a month. If it's not too much trouble for you could upload the 3ds max 8 files to a server like mediafire to be able to create new units. I'm new to this but I have a little programming knowledge and I would like to give a little support to this beautiful game I've had since ever
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

My tutorial post about importing models contains the necessary links to tools needed, including 3DS Max. If you are interested in creating .GOD files, I recommend reading it over.
viewtopic.php?t=2856

Otherwise, 3DS Max 8 specifically can be found from this post:
viewtopic.php?p=10260#p10260
It can be registered using this tool from this post:
viewtopic.php?p=15449#p15449

You will also of course need a XSI exporter plugin for 3DS Max, and the DR2 meshviewer to compile XSI meshes into a .GOD file. This is covered in the tutorial post I linked first.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Sargexle
Noob
Noob
Cuba

Post by Sargexle »

I have already read the tutorial and I have all the necessary tools: .xsi exporter, mesh viewer, and dr2packer, which when trying to install 3dsmax8 gives me an error with vraysatellite, if I could upload the files of the already installed program to someone server, I would appreciate it very much, the internet here is very bad, I have to wait until 2 in the morning to be able to download at 2mb/s, but none of that has stopped me from trying to improve and give life to this beautiful game that we love so much
Sargexle
Noob
Noob
Cuba

Post by Sargexle »

I know I'm no one to criticize other people's work. For example, I have the TIEFIGHTER and SABERTANK units installed and it is an excellent job but I think they break the aesthetics of the game a bit, however I have taken the truck from one of Tommy's special missions and I have created a mortar radio attack that It is more in accordance with the date that the game wants to exemplify. In accordance with the KATYUSHKAS attacks of the Second World War, when I can, I will upload the .cfg and the covers. That is from my humble point of view, I do not want to offend anyone and I apologize in advance.
FlamingC64
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by FlamingC64 »

Well that makes sense because of both the Tie Fighter and Sabertank are from Star Wars. Of course they are not going to fit thematically into amrts. The goal for both of those projects and more to come is to learn how to use the modeling software to create unique units. Primarily for self growth. I have made plenty of models but didnt post them because they are either broken or suck. I really started to hone my skills with the tie fighter. The tie fighter by design is a relatively simple model (basically a sphere and 2 hexagons) which helped me get a feel for things. The sabertank I made aims to use complex geometry and to get a sense of better model scaling.
I do plan on continuing making more "random" models. My next models I plan on making are Zappies and Sparky from Clash Royal which also do not fit the theme of amrts. The purpose of these upcoming models is to develop animation skills and better understanding of particle effects. It wont be till I finish both of those models before I make something reminiscent of the amrts style. I plan on making a biplane or something similar to the Mitsubishi A6M WWII fighter.
Sargexle
Noob
Noob
Cuba

Post by Sargexle »

Thank you very much FlamingC64 one day I would like to know as much as you, please if someone could help me by uploading the files for the 3ds max 8 already installed I would greatly appreciate it

I apologize for my English, I am using Google Translate
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

It is not as simple as copying the files from the install directory, as it also needs things such a registry keys or third party services to run. It is (or was) also a paid program, so it wouldn't want to run anyway without registering it, which most likely requires it to be actually installed as well. I wouldn't be the one to figure out how to get that stuff hosted somewhere for use, nor would I believe that to be allowed to be hosted very long.
Your best bet is to figure out what isn't working from the installer, and trying to fix that. You may have to use internet searching to help, perhaps your drivers or cards isn't compatible?
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974