Important Questions

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Important Questions

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Hey TommyCD1, I hope you are having a nice day or night.
I have some important questions to you about AMRTS. The important questions are:

1. How do I render the colors of map in DR2? DR2 editor crashes and glitches my map forever when I load my AMRTS map in it. *

2. Please kindly give the link of DR2 manual which contains how to import hills/heightmaps using grayscale image. *

3. How to import heightmaps/hills using grayscale image? Whats the command? *

4. Which one is the best software for Minimap design? (I know you use Paint. NET)

5. Is there any specific way to create circle hills?

6. How do I merge/mix colors? My coloring is trash.

* = Answer Required or Most Imporant

That's all. I hope you will answer all of them. You explain greatly, I love your explanation.

Thanks & Goodbye.

- {RaheeXF}
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Important Questions

Post by TommyCD1 »

1. I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean that when you copy the terrain.blk file over and the ground is all grid like this image here:
    Screenshot 1.jpg
    Then you can simply select the Terrain Brush (Key 1) and press the Reblend Terrain button to fix it. Otherwise you will need rephrase what is wrong.
  2. https://pandemic.bzscrap.org/dr2/tools/ ... ter4-2.htm Note that online the page doesn't properly display the ToC correctly. It's recommeded you download the construction kit for offline viewing instead.
  3. The command you use in studio is 'studio.importbitmap YOURNAME' where YOURNAME corresponds to the direct path to your image link. Note that your image MUST be saved as a greyscale image, and not simply in greyscale. If you aren't sure how to do this, you can simply save it first, then convert it to greyscale using another program, such as XnView. Unfortunately though, the current RTS studio doesn't not have a console built in yet, so you'll either have to manually create a keybind or something that enters your command for you, or use the Dark Reign 2 studio instead, and then copy your terrain.blk from it.
  4. I tend to use Paint.NET yes. If only because it is free to use.
  5. You can make larger and larger hills by using a larger brush. If you want to have a hill any larger though, you'll have to do it incrementally.
  6. The studio will do this for you, as long as your brushes strength is not too strong, and your colors blend well together of course. (Blue will not blend so well with Yellow for example.)
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

1. I meant, when I import my map in DR2 studio, it just glitches my map. For example: some part of the map are glitching, hills are glitching (some hills are very big like extremely big), overlays are not placed in correct position, etc. I just want to know how do you actually render the color step-by-step. Like, first, what I need to do? Copy terrain.blk and paste it or what? Also, thanks for the Map Maker rank.
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

BRO WHY CANT I UPLOAD IMAGE? THIS WEBSITE IS CRASHING MAN. OAF
Last edited by {RaheeXF} on Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Attachments
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

You'll have to be a bit more specific then just "glitch" in any case you know. Just glitch doesn't really tell me a lot, especially when there can be more than one thing wrong, such as in this instance here.

To fix invisible cells.
  1. Select the Water Brush (Key 4).
  2. Create a region around all invisible cells by left clicking and then dragging the mouse.
  3. Click Apply button. (Height does not matter.)
  4. Click Clear button to remove water that may be left over.
To fix corrupt terrain: You can only use terrain.blk from maps that have the SAME SIZE as each other. For example, if you want to borrow terrain.blk from 8ally, then your new map must ALSO be 1218m in size. This also applies when copying terrain.blk from DR2 to RTS or vice versa.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

I hope you have seen the image that I uploaded above... The problem is terrain corrupt. My terrain in DR2 studio is completely corrupted in DR2 studio... Also, how can I open a AMRTS map in DR2 studio?

Edit: I just realized that, the size of DR2 map (As you said aboe) was the problem. Bruh. Shit.

idk :-)) :-)) :-))
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

I'm using if_game_medalgoals.cfg to replace the goal texts but when the player wins or loses, the default text is there again...
(Default text is missiongb.on_the_ground_3.goal-0)

How do I fix this? Thanks in advance...
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

You cannot. It is autogenerated to use the following text
  • #missions + "Name of mission folder" + "Name of mission filename" + description + "goal-0" or "goal-1"
The only way to change this is to modify the debriefing interface itself, which requires a mod to be applied to shell.x and can only accommodate for a single mission and will display the incorrect text for every other mission played, including vanilla missions.

You can also use my Custom Missions add-on support to make use of the custom text replacement I added, since it requires a global mod to shell.x anyway. In that case, if you specify medal goal text using custom_exec.cfg, then it will show up properly ingame and on the debriefing screen. Of course, you may still directly modify if_game_medalgoals.cfg when using said add-on support as well.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Topic: I can lose, I can complete goals but I can't win

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created an objective called Green_Start, selected it in studio (Green Team). I have two more objectives named OBJ_WIN and OBJ_LOSE. When green team has less than 1 army, player loses and outro is shown. Everything is working well starting from goals and AI. I have a tag named "Captain-Alpha". A red sarge (only) has the tag. I used TagCount condition in the OBJ_WIN and used Operator("==") and Amount is 0. The goals are working perfectly, if you have 0 troops you lose but when I kill that red sarge, nothing happens. Outro is not shown, no error or anything! I have wasted 45 minutes but the error is not still fixed. I hope you understand my question.

I am sorry that I cannot give you the files right now. I will try to send them tomorrow or later.

Thanks in advance.

- RaheeXF
*RaheeXF*