New map: Pest Control

Custom Single Player Maps
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.

How would you rate this map?

1/5 = No one should ever play this!
No votes
2/5 = I do not want to play this again.
No votes
3/5 = I would play this only the first time...
No votes
4/5 = I enjoy this and recommend it.
50%
5/5 = This is my preferred way to play!
50%

Total votes: 2

TommyCD1
United States of America

New map: Pest Control

Post by TommyCD1 »

This was the second map that started development on stream, which is why it is being released in such quick succession.

Download link

Extract to your Army Men RTS root directory. Custom Campaigns \ Missions Add-on Support is recommended.

This is a more standard mission. You start with a nice selection of heroes, and are expected to capture and secure a set of three roads. Once these roads are secure, your goal is to completely eliminate all Tan within the village you've now surrounded. Meanwhile, the Tan will attempt to pierce your road defenses and make their escape. Should you lose a road, you must reclaim it or them within two minutes, else said Tan will escape. There is also a secondary Tan base to the east which will attempt general harassment as well. I had two goals when creating this mission: First, I wanted to experiment with scripting a simpler, albeit non-standard, set of rules to play with. Second, I wanted to practice trying to balance a map to be difficult without going too far. As such, difficulty for this map is expected to be similar to that of the late game, such as in the Attic missions, or the later Special Operations.

Medal Goals
====================
  • Destroy all containers
  • Destroy all Tan Buildings
Images
This map was developed partially on-stream. If you are interested, feel free to watch the streams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HMglNEPZ4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2xSr0KxyE
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
dmarijan
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
Croatia

Re: New map: Pest Control

Post by dmarijan »

Map is very good, and a bit hard. I'm having problem to successfully finish it - reclaimed road within 2 minutes, but mission lost every time.
Bug or something ? :?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: New map: Pest Control

Post by TommyCD1 »

If you are losing multiple roads at a time, you will need to recapture all of them before time runs out. If you lose multiple roads, the timer will begin at two minutes, and will not reset when recapturing one road at a time.

If you are experiencing something strange, like you are running out of time even when you own the roads you have captured, then you can record a video or take a screenshot to show what is happening?

Ideally, if you get into a situation where you have only claimed two roads so far, and then lose one or both, you will only need to reclaim the two roads you have lost, and can ignore the third untouched road until you have stopped the timer.

Also, in order to recapture a road, not only must you have at least one unit on it, but there must also not be any Tan units still on the road. As well, the area that you must be in to capture the road is more specific than you think. Try to base your positioning based on the red X marker on the map.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974