Secret Background's different versions

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Secret Background's different versions

Post by Secg »

Where can I download this version of the secret background, as seen in this screenshot shared on Steam by a certain Shadowderpy?
Spoiler
I only possess these two versions of the secret background:

One which is greyed out (possibly the PS2 version; I forgot where I'd it downloaded)
Spoiler
The other which is colorful but Vikki's face is cut off ( X-( )
Spoiler
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Secret Background's different versions

Post by TommyCD1 »

The version seen was created by me, I created it for use in my own Special Ops / Intel files mod, and later for my Custom Missions \ Campaigns add-on.

The both the PS2 version and GameCube versions of this background are very desaturated and lack the game logo, so I extracted the GameCube version, which has a higher bit-depth than the PS2 version, and added I think some saturation and possibly brightness / contrast filters. I don't think I have the project still on my hard drive with the image layer of the game logo toggled, but I can look through some old discs I burned while transferring hard drives. Perhaps I still have an older in development version with some assets still.

Also, the version seen in the steam screenshot, which can be extracted if you still have an outdated form of my stand-alone Special Ops / Intel mod (I don't), was created using the same method but using the PS2 version of the texture. I believe I added a blur or some other smoothing filter to mask the bit-depth discrepancy with the vanilla art assets, which is why it appears so blurry.

If all that doesn't matter to you, then here's this. This is the texture ripped directly from the GameCube version. I just adjusted the Saturation to about 28% more, and added brightness and contrast boosts as well using paint.NET. It does not have the game logo on it, as well it does not have the 2 pixel black border either.
Attachments
if_background1_complete.png
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Re: Secret Background's different versions

Post by Secg »

Great!

Very many thanks, TommyCD1!
ImageImage