Army men rts Launch error on windows 11

Having problems with AMRTS? Having problems with your Computer?
Kennedy
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mexico

Army men rts Launch error on windows 11

Post by Kennedy »

Havent played in a while and just when I launch Army men RTS, giving the error message that it's not installed the DirectX 8.0, of course after that I installed it, but it keeps giving the same error message.
How can I fix it?
Keep Calm... Im Here!
http://tru3---clan.webs.com/
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Army men rts Launch error on windows 11

Post by TommyCD1 »

You may try one of these.
TommyCD1 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:16 pm Unforunately this log doesn't provide any helpful information. It doesn't even confirm if the game is crashed. So I'm going to assume it's the common error where the game hangs on a black screen. There's a fairly nice checklist of things that I would recommend trying to use to allow the game running, and of the ones I know how to do I recommend trying them in the order given, one at a time.
  • Try deleting the settings.cfg file inside the game's main directory.
  • Try to run the game in compatibility mode. Windows XP (Service Pack 2) is a good one to start one, but any choice should help.
  • Try to rename/remove the dbghelp.dll file located in the game's \..\library\dbg\ folder. (The log seems to indicate this was already attempted?)
  • Try running the game using dgVoodoo2. I detail how to install and use this program in this post.
If none of these work, you can try to use different combinations and see if that solves anything.

If you still are having troubles, then some more drastic measures I would attempt would be:
  • Forcing the game to run as administrator / in 640x480.
  • Manually set your resolution to 640x480 before launching the game.
  • Install DirectX 8 from the game's install disc. If you do not have this, you can easilly find an ISO of one here on the forum.
  • If all else fails, you can visit the vendor's site of your graphics card, and try to downgrade your graphics drivers. This should only be used as a last resort, and only if you are SURE your exact machine was able to run this game in the past.
If any of these solutions helped you, or if they didn't, please report back here either way!
I recommend renaming / deleting dbghelp.dll first, since that's usually the culprit when it comes to the DirectX 8.0 thing, at least from my experience.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Kennedy
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mexico

Re: Army men rts Launch error on windows 11

Post by Kennedy »

Appreciate Tommy, ill try it.
Keep Calm... Im Here!
http://tru3---clan.webs.com/