Heroic 1.1 Mod

Custom Single Player Maps
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.

How would you rate Heroic 1.1 mod?

Rubbish
No votes
Meh-diocre
No votes
Middling
No votes
Well-made
No votes
Very Hard... and Great !
No votes
Without cheatin', some missions can't get beaten!
100%

Total votes: 2

Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Updated Verison of Story Campaign Mission: S08 - "From Here to the Sofa"

Post by Secg »

Download Link:

As always, extract the contents of the file S08.7z into folder S08 < so < missions in your AMRTS Heroic 1.1 directory.

Some Features:
Spoiler
Re-instated the patrolling Chopper from AMRTS vanilla version:

Yet created a separate trail ("air_patrol") for it so it shan't end up in the player's base and annoy player too early because in the vanilla it used the "air2" trail for air attacks.

The whole map is mined;

Substituted another air attack trail ("air3") for a superfluous land attack trail ("attack5").

All trails have been redesigned.
As usual, please report bugs! I'll fix them asap.
ImageImage
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Updated Verison of Story Campaign Mission: S15 - "Heart of Plastic"

Post by Secg »

Download Link:
As always, extract the contents of S15.7z into the folder S15 < story < missions

Some features:
Spoiler
  • All Tan's attack trails have been re-routed;
  • The whole map is mined,
    Spoiler
    • so bring Hoover along; he's finally useful ( :ROCK: ).
Please report bugs, I will fix them asap!
ImageImage
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Updated Version of Story Campaign Mission S09 - "Fistful of Plastic"

Post by Secg »

Download link:
(Further Updated & Bugfixed, for more see this post)

As always, extract the contents of the file S09.7z into the folder S09 < story < missions of your Heroic 1.1 directory.

Some features:
Spoiler
  • At around the 1.5-minutes to 2-minutes mark, the Bravo Company shall be greeted by a "Tan welcome" committee consisting of 2 Grunts, 1 Machinegunner, 1 Sniper, 1 Halftrack, & 1 Chopper;
  • There are 10 Tan attack trails in total (5 from western base; 5 from eastern outpost):
    • The outpost will only send out very small squads, yet very often;
    • The base will send out squads somewhat less often, yet its squads are larger and will become even larger over time;
    • The base initially will send out only one chopper per air attack, yet two choppers later.
  • The eastern outpost is better defended:
  • The road out of town is now better guarded:
  • More preplaced Tan units:
  • Modded outro:
EDIT: Tip:
Spoiler
  • No Tan squad has a Minesweeper; so lay down some Mines & Thumbtacks ( :tehe: ) to tenderize or outright destroy the unsuspecting Tan attackers :lol: .
Please report bugs, I will fix it asap!
Last edited by Secg on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Updated Version of Story Campaign Mission: S04 - "Full Plastic Jacket"

Post by Secg »

Dedicated to @TommyCD1

Download Link (FIXED):
As always, download the S04.7z file and extract its contents into the folder S04 < story < missions of your AMRTS Heroic 1.1 copy.

Some features:
Spoiler
  • VIctory Conditions have been changed:
    • To trigger the mid-mission cutscene, the Green Team must destroy the Tan's 1st line of defensive structures instead of reaching the door;
    • To win the mission, the Green Team must destroy the Tan base, including its Pillboxes but excluding the Resource Depot; instead of reaching the basement window.
  • More Tan defensive structures to wrestle with:
  • There are three bonuses: Full Health (re-added), Speed Boost (newly added; to make the mission less tedious) and Weapon Boost (moved and better guarded) to pick up and earn medal:
Please report bugs, I will fix them asap!

HOTFIX: Fixed a game-crashing bug which would happen immediately after the mid-mission cutscene had ended.
Last edited by Secg on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
dmarijan
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
Croatia

Re: Heroic 1.1 Mod

Post by dmarijan »

After mid-mission cutscene game crashed:
|debug_win32 :385 |21:00:05|Registers:
!|debug_win32 :386 |21:00:05|EAX: 00000000h CS: 00000023h DS: 0000002Bh
!|debug_win32 :387 |21:00:05|EBX: 00000000h EIP: 211144ACh ES: 0000002Bh
!|debug_win32 :388 |21:00:05|ECX: 09D5BA48h SS: 0000002Bh FS: 00000053h
!|debug_win32 :389 |21:00:05|EDX: 00000000h EBP: 0019EEA4h GS: 0000002Bh
!|debug_win32 :390 |21:00:05|ESI: 02B5E9F0h ESP: 0019EE70h
!|debug_win32 :391 |21:00:05|EDI: 00000000h
!|debug_win32 :400 |21:00:05| CF: 00010246h PF:0 AF:1 ZF:0 SF:1 OF:0
!|debug_win32 :982 |21:00:05|Stack: 52
!|utils :1701 |21:00:05| 000000 F0 E9 B5 02 F3 49 11 21-00 00 00 00 B0 45 52 03 . I.!.... ER.
!|utils :1701 |21:00:05| 000010 F0 E9 B5 02 FB 5A 10 21-F0 E9 B5 02 00 00 00 00 . Z.! .....
!|utils :1701 |21:00:05| 000020 6C 15 E5 01 88 1C 00 00-FC D8 4C 00 F0 E9 B5 02 l. . ... L. .
!|utils :1701 |21:00:05| 000030 00 00 00 00 - ....
=|debug_win32 :271 |21:00:05|entering AtExit::Execute
=|debug_win32 :286 |21:00:05|leaving AtExit::Execute
=|debug_win32 :997 |21:00:05|Exception::Filter: post shutdown
=|debug_win32 :1014 |21:00:05|Exception::Filter: pre DialogBox
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

dmarijan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:02 pm After mid-mission cutscene game crashed
That game-crashing bug should have been fixed. You can re-download the fixed S04.7z file now.
Last edited by Secg on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Playing through updated version, found a funny bug:
In Mission 4 outro cutscene, Sarge faces backwards and Bravo Company spawns facing right and runs offscreen, instead of into the window. =))
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Bugfixed & Updated Version of Story Campaign Mission - S04 "Full Plastic Jacket"

Post by Secg »

TommyCD1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:47 pm Playing through updated version, found a funny bug:
In Mission 4 outro cutscene, Sarge faces backwards and Bravo Company spawns facing right and runs offscreen, instead of into the window. =))
Thanks for pointing that funny bug out ( =)) ), this is the link to download the bug-fixed version:
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well, I've made it to Mission 9, and now this mission is also too hard to complete. It seems instead of my suggestion of re balancing heroes (which are still overpowered, enough that if I use my heroes for defense while I create an army, then send out an army with heroes, I can complete every mission before this and after first try without losing any units) it seems that instead, Tan is now instead far more aggressive to make them threatening even with absurd heroes.

I may be bias towards new content of any kind over remixing / restyling of existing things, but I like this updated version even less now. I don't think I'll be finishing to be fair, I am just not enjoying this mod whatsoever anymore. :(

What did I like before and after?
Well, as said before, changes where your goal strategy has to be different was mostly it. Changes such as needing to find new / different cockroach locations in Mission 6, or having to destroy all mines in more missions like Mission 7. Or new map appendixes such as the one I mentioned in Tan Some Hide. These are the changes that I find most interesting, but the mod difficulty is now too comically overtuned to the point that I simply don't want to deal with it anymore just to experience missions that, again, I've already played before. I want new content is what I'm saying, but having to get through old content but more arduous isn't worth it to me.
Unit rebalances could be interesting, but you need gradual introduction of them in order to explore them I think. The base game does it well enough in that when new units are introduced to you. Expecting to get an instant grasp of what units can do differently and how they are good and bad is well enough, such as grenadiers being bulkier, mortar men being faster, choppers being strong, tanks being weaker against infantry. But expecting this while also expecting you to be so adept at the base game that you are supposed to be able to survive the insane Tan is just too much. For example, maps where you cannot rely on Heroes, such as some Great Battles where you only have Sarge and cannot use him effectively to defend multiple chokepoints. Or, again, Mission 9 where Tan are so hyper aggressive now attacking from more angles than you have heroes, or attacking in high volumes. I literally had two Half-Tracks and machine gunners and shit attacking my base before my first Depot was even constructed. Yes, the heroes obviously beat them, but it stays at this level or increases as the map goes on. So what do I do when I need my heroes to clear out the road? Or the villagers start moving? I can build towers, but the nerfed speed of the Bulldozer makes way harder than it needs to be while villagers run head first along the road, or Choppers come attack before I'm even allowed to build AA guns, which require a Super Duper HQ now.
Anyway, I'm done ranting, and I'm pretty done with this mod. Sorry to be extreme, but yeah. I ain't enjoying it anymore, so. :W

Also, Mission 9 hero units spawned backwards, so I think several cutscenes have been broken? Should confirm them all later.
Attachments
Screenshot 1.jpg
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Balacing Issues on Story Campaign Mission S09

Post by Secg »

TommyCD1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:43 pm Well, I've made it to Mission 9, and now this mission is also too hard to complete. It seems instead of my suggestion of re balancing heroes (which are still overpowered, enough that if I use my heroes for defense while I create an army, then send out an army with heroes, I can complete every mission before this and after first try without losing any units) it seems that instead, Tan is now instead far more aggressive to make them threatening even with absurd heroes.

[...]

Or, again, Mission 9 where Tan are so hyper aggressive now attacking from more angles than you have heroes, or attacking in high volumes. I literally had two Half-Tracks and machine gunners and shit attacking my base before my first Depot was even constructed. Yes, the heroes obviously beat them, but it stays at this level or increases as the map goes on. So what do I do when I need my heroes to clear out the road? Or the villagers start moving? I can build towers, but the nerfed speed of the Bulldozer makes way harder than it needs to be while villagers run head first along the road, or Choppers come attack before I'm even allowed to build AA guns, which require a Super Duper HQ now.
Anyway, I'm done ranting, and I'm pretty done with this mod. Sorry to be extreme, but yeah. I ain't enjoying it anymore, so. :W

Also, Mission 9 hero units spawned backwards, so I think several cutscenes have been broken? Should confirm them all later.
Extremely negative yet still constructive review.

1st, I'll reduce the Tan's hyper-agressiveness:
  • The "Tan welcome committee" (1 Grunt + 1 Machinegunner + 1 Half-Track + 1 Chopper from the West; and 1 Sniper + 1 Grunt from the Northeast) will attack the village at around between the 3-minutes and 5-minutes marks; only then will the Tan attacks begin (this should give you enough time to build at least one medic);
  • The Eastern Outpost will only send attack a small attack squad (either 3 Grunts or 1 Machinegunner + 1 Sniper) every 60-90 secs instead of just 30-60 seconds;
  • The Western Base will only send:
    • a light land attack squad (no Half Track, just Infantry) every 100-120 secs;
    • a medium land attack squad (Two Half-Tracks plus Infantry) every 130-150 secs;
    • a heavy land attack squad (Four Half-Tracks plus Infantry) every 160-180 secs;
    • a light air attack (just one Chopper) every 140-170 secs;
    • a heavy air attack squadron (Two Choppers) every 170-200 secs.
The Two Half-Tracks and Machinegunners, etc. combo is one type of Medium attack squads; they should NOT be sent that early to the village before your 1st depot had been finished, I'll fix that bug.

P.S. : As well as the backward-facing Heroes issue
P.P.S. : I thought of this change before: only allowing the Tan E-Outpost and W-Base to start attacking after the Bravo company will have cleared the road. Still, I then thought: "Nah, that would make the mission too easy". However, now in light of your constructive criticism (based on your very negative experience with having to the Heroes to clear the road and defend the Villagers and defend your base), I will implement that change: The Tan will not attack until the Green Team will have cleared the road (the Tan welcome committee will still pay the village a timed visit tho')
Last edited by Secg on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage