Map Request

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
TheDarkMuffin
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Map Request

Post by TheDarkMuffin »

Since you guys said you use Hex Editor for editing maps, and I don't know hex, assuming that's what it uses, could you possibly make a map with no unit limit. I'm getting pretty annoyed. That limit is really...well, limiting. There should be a map UNLIMITED! Also, bombing is making it too easy to win/lose. (Depends who gets to who first) Makes battles too fast. Make it so that Bombs do very little damage and cost less or something. That'd be a dream map. Unlimited Resources, almost, no limits, no rushing, and pure awesomeness! If only DumDums wouldn't be so harsh.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Re: Map Request

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Let me explain the unit limit.

1). First off, its not within the map file to do that, you have to modify the game, so that means everyone has to modify it or you can't play with them anymore.

2). Second, Its there for a reason, to protect your memory, over flooding your memory can cause your game to lag extremely bad and eventually causing it to crash.

3). Again, not everyone has the same type of computers so some some might lag more than others. Overall, it is not recommended and better to be on the safe side, you don't want the BSOD (blue screen of death) popping up on you when you have 400tanks. ;)

Although there is a hack for this already, its only for single player, since your computer's ram is not stressing as much in single player, its not as bad.
TheDarkMuffin
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by TheDarkMuffin »

Well...how 'bout a level with no need for energy? All plastic. With lots of plastic. And no bombing, of course.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

The way the game was programmed, the minimum amount an object can cost is 1 plastic. You cannot set the value to 0 or it will make the construction interface ugly, kind of distorted if you will. I know a lot of this stuff because I already tried most of what your asking. Not saying its no possible, just saying it has consequences.
Ruhani
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by Ruhani »

Lol, xD
TheDarkMuffin
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by TheDarkMuffin »

E]x[F-Sniper wrote:The way the game was programmed, the minimum amount an object can cost is 1 plastic. You cannot set the value to 0 or it will make the construction interface ugly, kind of distorted if you will. I know a lot of this stuff because I already tried most of what your asking. Not saying its no possible, just saying it has consequences.
But, I just said to make everything cost no energy, but it still costs plastic. Wait, there must be a value for energy, right? Well...ooh! I know, a map where people go so fast, it takes less than 3 seconds! And...and...and they can fly. And, AA Guns cost more (of course) and everything is cheap, just with things costing more than others! Fair and quick battles, eh? Well, not quick, too much fear of leaving the base.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Electricity does not need a value, only plastic.
TheDarkMuffin
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by TheDarkMuffin »

So, you denied my request for being bad.
Now, you're saying it's okay.
GWFGRDGGRYGS