Is doubles & 8 train really a 4 vs 4 map? I don't think so.

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
ReoN
Tank L3
Tank L3

Is doubles & 8 train really a 4 vs 4 map? I don't think so.

Post by ReoN »

OK, so a lot of us have been playing this map for a long time, 99% of our map choice is all about doubles map because as people like to say, it's their most favorite map. But seriously, every time I play this 4 vs 4 map, the real COMBAT is 2 vs 2 or either
1 v 1
1 v 1
1 v 1
1 v 1
1 v 1
1 v 1
1 v 1
1 v 1
As 2 teams...
But really, when it's rnr, the basic combat is 1+1 right side vs 1+1 top right side and 1 + 1 left side vs 1 + 1 top left side. In every single battle of my time playing army men rts, I have never saw 8 players gathering in one big place and fighting for their victory. Never ever ever, so just think about that :D

When you play 4 v 4 map it's like 2 vs 2 private game and 2 vs 2 private game 2, after some side either wins or loses, then! they go to help their allies.

Anyways I just wanted to say all of that^ you will never see a real 8 player combat in one place. Only 2 on that side , or 3 on that or 1 on that and so,,,
Smith
Map Maker
Map Maker

Re: Is doubles & 8 train really a 4 vs 4 map? I don't think

Post by Smith »

well in some form you are right, doubles is a good map but i am really bored of playing allways the same map.
ReoN
Tank L3
Tank L3

Post by ReoN »

Smith wrote:well in some form you are right, doubles is a good map but i am really bored of playing allways the same map.
i'm not talking about playing the same map, I'm talking about real combat not just 2 over there and 2 over there..really 4 facing 4!
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

For the most part, its an inevitable part of the game. It seems almost impossible to have 8 players attacking each other and still using a strategy. That almost seems sloppy. Judging by the way people make tanks, do you think 8 players worth of tanks would fit on your screen? Also there is not one single spot in those maps that is like OMG we must defend it, people who take the middle don't always win. Anyways, Doubles does bore me sometimes. People don't get off Doubles tip.
ReoN
Tank L3
Tank L3

Post by ReoN »

E]x[F-Sniper wrote:For the most part, its an inevitable part of the game. It seems almost impossible to have 8 players attacking each other and still using a strategy. That almost seems sloppy. Judging by the way people make tanks, do you think 8 players worth of tanks would fit on your screen? Also there is not one single spot in those maps that is like OMG we must defend it, people who take the middle don't always win. Anyways, Doubles does bore me sometimes. People don't get off Doubles tip.
Well yeah, but I'm not saying that doubles must be deleted, and if the map if big enough, and there's nothing else that blocks the way like doubles have (walls, deep grounds, etc..) it can be accomplished. Also it's bad that people never play other maps. :( Also I think I remember one map that archer created which was armagedon or something, not quite sure... it was a 4 vs 4 sbs. That was a real 8 players combat! Too bad there's only one map of it...