I HAVE HAD IT FUCKIN HAD IT (WITH THE MAPS)

Download, Post, and Rate New Maps. Have Map Ideas?
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.
account
Grunt L2
Grunt L2

I HAVE HAD IT FUCKIN HAD IT (WITH THE MAPS)

Post by account »

I have downloaded all the new maps in here but they are all are not coming up ( only EXF maps are coming up ) so WHAT THE f--k DO I do? I am so fuckin mad right now you do not know. Well i have downloaded them all i say them all All you mapers in this site are shit your mas your not working and i do not know what to do. I have tryed MPing people did not work but i am so mad i am crying like shit.

Sinper and who the f--k they are :blah: .... IDC what you do to me ban or something i do not give a f--k right now.

Some for you will think i am a DIK but do i like i give a f--k right now?
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Re: I HAVE HAD IT FUCKIN HAD IT (WITH THE MAPS)

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Relax man, I'm not sure how much you know about the maps, If they are not coming up its either because:

1. They are not in the correct folder (mp)
2. They are not extracted, meaning you are putting the entire .zip, .rar, or .exe file in the mp folder instead of just the .x map file.

Make sure you don't have more than one AMRTS installation because you may be launching the incorrect one.

There is no need to get all crazy. I don't think I saw a topic with you asking for help on this (though one may exists). Sometimes posting a topic instead of pm works better because a topic will help many, a pm only helps you.
revenant86
Grunt
Grunt

Post by revenant86 »

ok first of all, if the map files are zipped,extract them.

if they arent zipped simply copy the (MAP).X FIILE and paste it into your Mp folder andyour RULESET folder. that part is
very important.
account
Grunt L2
Grunt L2

Sinper's Re: I HAVE HAD IT FUCKIN HAD IT (WITH THE MAPS)

Post by account »

E]x[F-Sniper wrote:Relax man, I'm not sure how much you know about the maps, If they are not coming up its either because:

1. They are not in the correct folder (mp)
2. They are not extracted, meaning you are putting the entire .zip, .rar, or .exe file in the mp folder instead of just the .x map file.

Make sure you don't have more than one AMRTS installation because you may be launching the incorrect one.
Now your saying put it in the Mp file? Well some 1 said to not put in in the MP file So i do not know what the fuckin do now i will i will not come back ot MP anymore
{EMC}Methuselah96
Programmer
Programmer

Post by {EMC}Methuselah96 »

whoever told u not to put it in the mp folder is totally wrong
put it in the mp folder
ReoN
Tank L3
Tank L3

Post by ReoN »

As sniper said, you may have more than one application of Army Men RTS. I had the same case, I did not understand why the vulture map doesn't work (when sniper created the first new map, by that time) so I went to check and I saw that I had two application so I just deleted one and that's it.

Also most of the maps that I download are asked to be placed in Army Men RTS folder which is located at program files---> 3do

By the way, I did not understand your topic AT ALL since well it didn't really make any sense? Until I saw sniper's comment, so yea try to chill a lil bit and install the maps again.
account
Grunt L2
Grunt L2

Post by account »

Ok let me get this right!!! When the holiday Doubles come out i downloaded it. When it was downloaded i went to see if it will downloaded and it did so why Maps by working???? Maps by EXF work all good. I do not get that?
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

Well I "fixed" the path to the maps automatically in my setups, that's why my maps work. Other ppl don't do that.

If the map is only a map file, then make sure the extracted map is placed in the MP folder.
If the map contains a rules set file or new world, then you typically install it in the main folder which is Army Men RTS, that's why some ppl say not to install to mp folder because they contain a rules set/world.

Its very simple for a map to work and may contain 3 files.

Map File - C:\Program Files\3DO\Army Men RTS\missions\mp
Rules Set - C:\Program Files\3DO\Army Men RTS\mods\ruleset
Worlds File - C:\Program Files\3DO\Army Men RTS\worlds

All the file in those folders should be .x files
account
Grunt L2
Grunt L2

Post by account »

E]x[F-Sniper wrote:Well I "fixed" the path to the maps automatically in my setups, that's why my maps work. Other ppl don't do that.

If the map is only a map file, then make sure the extracted map is placed in the MP folder.
If the map contains a rules set file or new world, then you typically install it in the main folder which is Army Men RTS, that's why some ppl say not to install to mp folder because they contain a rules set/world.

Its very simple for a map to work and may contain 3 files.

Map File - C:\Program Files\3DO\Army Men RTS\missions\mp
Rules Set - C:\Program Files\3DO\Army Men RTS\mods\ruleset
Worlds File - C:\Program Files\3DO\Army Men RTS\worlds

All the file in those folders should be .x files
This is getting no-where i have put the maps in the 2 AMRTS files. It works o no wait its the same like befor.... you know what some one make a vidoe or something on who to download them to the right file....

When i see vids on youtube on new maps i say how the hell do they get it?

I am going give up trying soon. :(
account
Grunt L2
Grunt L2

Post by account »

Ok sipner and guys thxx for the help. but what you guys said did not help. so i did not own way and that fixed it. I am =)) about this.
Last edited by account on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.