Can someone make the Units Cap infinite?

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
LegendaryURZU7
Noob
Noob
United States of America

Can someone make the Units Cap infinite?

Post by LegendaryURZU7 »

so there is a mod out there that makes the game have unlimited units cap but forces the plastic to infinite. I want to play the game like a real RTS and manage resources whilst having the high units cap. Can someone work on this? and also what's the default pop cap. does the buildings count as units cap? Also is the game multi-capped? (meaning a tank is equal to 3 units, grunt equals 1, half track equals 2 etc.) I wish 3DO and Pandemic put more information on their product. this game truly aged but is still one of my favorite RTS games of all time. if someone could get this sorted out it would be much appreciated. since this game released on steam and GOG i've noticed quite a small increase in the community or is it just me? i hope more people buy this game so that way more content can be provided for it.
LegendaryURZU7
Noob
Noob
United States of America

Re: Can someone make the Units Cap infinite?

Post by LegendaryURZU7 »

RTS games i play: Age of Empires (all of them 1-3) all the command and conquers, supreme commander Forged Alliance, supreme commander 2, R.U.S.E, Rise of nations, Empire earth, and so on. In supreme commander 2 you can go to the game.prefs file and make the units cap changes as follows; arrow_keys_pan_main_view = 1,
econ_warnings = true,
skin_change_on_start = 'yes',
texture_level = 0,
uvd_format = 'full',
strat_icons_always_on = 0,
fidelity_presets = 4,
tooltip_delay = 0,
joystick_pan_speed = 215,
fx_volume = 100,
secondary_adapter = 'disabled',
TeamSpawn = 'fixed',
UnitCap = '2000', <<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------------------------- as you can see its as simple as that. how can i do it to this game?
music_volume = 100,
keyboard_rotate_speed = 10,
keyboard_pan_accelerate_multiplier = 4,
joystick_rotate_speed = 15,
unit_health_bars = true,
antialiasing = 128
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

For no unit limit, you can check out the java program written by another user here on the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=964#p6005
For unlimited plastic, there are some trainers floating around on the internet, but I can't provide a safe link for one without uploading it myself... mmm
If you don't want to use a trainer, you can just simple press Alt + Enter to open the cheat window and enter 'Fantastic Plastic' and 'Zap Me' for free resources, which can be used as many times as you want for infinite uses. Alternatively, some maps are marked as 'maxrush' meaning they will have unlimited resources hard coded into them. All of my own maps have maxrush versions, and E]x[F has made maxrush versions of both Doubles and Take the 8-Train, which can be found on their clan site.

The game's default population limit is 70. This increments by 1 for every unit you own, including buildings and heroes. All units cost the same, which is 1 single command cost.

And yes, even though this site and community have been around as early as 2008, the steam and GOG versions have helped boost its popularity greatly. Now the game can be found easily on youtube, as well as having two discord channels dedicated to it, not to mention the steam discussions for the game.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
LegendaryURZU7
Noob
Noob
United States of America

Post by LegendaryURZU7 »

Thank you so much! Also i found this website where you can download this program called dgVoodoo. Link (http://dege.freeweb.hu/) where you can put the executable with the MS folder files into the AMRTS Root directory and run the game on 4k with MSAA and 16x Anisotrophic filtering, looks almost remastered! One thing i'm curious about is whether the game's engine is tied to the framerate like some RTS games.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yeah I've heard of dgVoodoo. I'd recommend it if you don't mind the interface becoming stretched and blurred. Doesn't work for someone like me who has to create new interface mods, which can literally come down to counting pixels to make it look correct. But it does what it's meant to do, and that's force the game into higher resolutions and provide all the other things like anti aliasing.

But no, I don't believe the framerate affects gameplay, as I've played both at 30 and 60 frames with no difference. Strangely the game wants to run at 30, but running a program like FRAPS somehow pushes it up to 60.
idk
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
LegendaryURZU7
Noob
Noob
United States of America

Post by LegendaryURZU7 »

I just bought a copy of the game on gog galaxy which i also own and gifted it to my friend. for some reason the game won't work on his pc even though we have the same pc specs and operating system version. during launch the screen stays black and he gets an Access violation on the game or it will say stopped responding after launch. What is going on? my version seems to work just fine and we have the same everything. i ran it in compatibility mode on his pc and still nothing, not to mention i also enabled legacy direct play on the windows features. latest GPU drivers are in check and firewall disabled as well. I noticed some people on steam are reporting this issue and the game is getting quite the few thumbs down. some of these people are unaware of this website and maybe you guys might have a solution. I ask this as my last request on this forum Tommy. i will leave you alone after this lol XD. but please help me out here i wanna play with my friend it won't work. we are both running same version of windows with similar hardware. GTX 1050Ti on his and 1080Ti in mine. Same CPU I7 6700k. same ram 32GB DDR4 yet the game works flawlessly on mine and his crashes on startup with pandemic studio access violation and sometimes it won't even show the violation it'll just crash and not show an error.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

We don't have a solution for this problem unfortunately, this has been one that has plagued us for some time. The best I can do is run you through some solutions that seemed to partially work...
  • Try deleting the setting.cfg file in the game's directory, or try copying your .cfg onto his computer.
  • If your monitor or graphics card has some type of vertical syncing, try disabling that before running the game.
  • Try changing your resolution to 640x480 before running the game.
  • One person who I know has this issue says that sometimes if he continues to run the game repeatedly it may work on it's own... it's annoying but it could work.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

TommyCD1 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:20 pm The game's default population limit is 70. This increments by 1 for every unit you own, including buildings and heroes. All units cost the same, which is 1 single command cost.
Just a small correction: the unit cap is actually 75, which I've confirmed by changing Sarge's command cost to 75; result I can't even build my HQ. In DR2, there's a code in the file unitlimits.cfg which reads

Code: Select all

Limit(150). 
Changing the number in the parentheses will change the default unit limit. However, this code does not work in AMRTS.

However, unit cap can be changed for each player in each mission by following these steps:

In game.cfg, state a starting objective for each player:

Objectives()
    {
      ReaperId(3475);
    }
Note: The ReaperId can be any unique number.

Then in objects.cfg, create a starting objective:

CreateObject("objective_start_player_1", 3475)
{
  ObjectiveObj()
  {
    Condition();
  }
}
Then code the objective's action:

CreateObjectType("objective_start_player_1", "Objective")
{
  Condition("TRUE");

Action()
  {
    SetUnitLimit(200);
  }
}
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yes unit limit can be changed as so without causing different data, however as described this requires it to be coded directly into the map.

Also I've reached the unit limit being 70 by building units until I reach the limit and then counting each unit. The game will not tell you if you are at the limit or over it, so setting Sarge to 75 cost would hit the limit, yes, but so would setting him to 999 cost, and that is obviously not the limit... :COFE:
"Can we order a pizza?"
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

TommyCD1 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:08 pm Yes unit limit can be changed as so without causing different data, however as described this requires it to be coded directly into the map.

Also I've reached the unit limit being 70 by building units until I reach the limit and then counting each unit. :COFE:
Yea, I set Sarge's Command Cost to exact 69 & as a result I can't even build my HQ. However, even though I set the all buildings' command cost to zero I may not still build any :(.
ImageImage