force color of specific unit in faction?

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Arisen
Mortar Man
Mortar Man
American Samoa

force color of specific unit in faction?

Post by Arisen »

probably a noob question... but while I was trying to mod the texture of a unit to make a "blue spy" unit. I remembered that editing the texture file wont change much for a regular unit due to the way the game handles the team color options....

I.E; If I change a grunts texture map to a blue color, it doesn't actually look blue due to having a green color mixing with it as a default...

so, is it possible to force the color of a single unit? or does forcing colors only work for the entire team? :COFE:
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: force color of specific unit in faction?

Post by TommyCD1 »

Flesh color can only be globally determined by an entire team, unless you made the unit's texture white colored and put the color manually into the texture file itself, but that comes with the drawback of the unit never being team colored. Take Vikki for an example of what you can and can't do with team colors.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Arisen
Mortar Man
Mortar Man
American Samoa

Re: force color of specific unit in faction?

Post by Arisen »

TommyCD1 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:28 pm Flesh color can only be globally determined by an entire team, unless you made the unit's texture white colored and put the color manually into the texture file itself, but that comes with the drawback of the unit never being team colored. Take Vikki for an example of what you can and can't do with team colors.
ok, that makes more sense... the issue is I get an error when trying to use any of the color filters in gimp (x filter only useable with rgb values :-(( so far none of the other texture maps have had that issue..

Figured it out, took a little fancy footwork but I got it.

:W

also as an aside, black is a nice look.