DR2 gods into AMRTS

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

DR2 gods into AMRTS

Post by Secg »

I've seen enough screenshots that DR2 gods can be imported into AMRTS. However, all imported vehicles are textureless & whenever I imported infantry I always got the error message "Chucks are dead baby" :( after I'd surely imported all the chunks.

Anybody knows how to import DR2 gods into AMRTS?
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: DR2 gods into AMRTS

Post by TommyCD1 »

For models that come up textureless, just go into the .god file and change all the texture file formats from .pic into .tga .

As for chunks are dead baby, that means the model has a property from Dark Reign 2, called chunking. What it means is that when that unit dies, it takes certain parts of it's geometry abbreviated with _CHNK and uses them as pieces for the dead body. A good analog for this would be to look at when a grunt dies and see the limbs and torso fly away. The reason this crashes the game is because this feature was either disabled or removed from the AMRTS engine build, and replaced with a generic particle effect. So any units that used this feature in DR2 will crash AMRTS. Since we haven't figured out a way to edit the properties of a .god file yet, this issue has no solution.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Errors incorporating DR2 Growler's textures into AMRTS

Post by Secg »

I've put the jda_growler.god file into base > object > army > art. As a result, I can change the Tank's model into the textureless Growler =)) .

Still, for some strange reasons I can never :( texture the Growler-Tank.
  • When I just put the two jda_growlera.pic & jda_growlerao.pic into the art folder, an error message will pop up :-w ;

Even after I've converted, using NotePad++, the two files jda_growlera.pic & jda_growlerao.pic to jda_growlera.tga & jda_growlerao.tga ; use HexEditor open the jda_growler.god to change every .pic to .tga; en error message will still pop up X-( .
Help will be greatly appreciated!
ImageImage
j3rry
Map Maker
Map Maker
Russia

Re: Errors incorporating DR2 Growler's textures into AMRTS

Post by j3rry »

You must rename all '.pic' mentions on '.tga' in Notepad++ (6 occurrences in this case), then open *.pic textures in image editor and save it as *.tga. Also do not forget to create an alpha channel in *.tga transperent texture.