Grunt Wars

Custom Multiplayer Maps
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.

How would you rate this map?

1/5 = No one should ever play this map!
No votes
2/5 = I would not want to play this map.
No votes
3/5 = I would play this map only if asked...
25%
4/5 = I enjoy this map and recommend it.
No votes
5/5 = This is my preferred way to play!
75%

Total votes: 4

TommyCD1
United States of America

Grunt Wars

Post by TommyCD1 »

This is one that I have (not) been working on for a while. It's a map based around the concept of using grunts only. It even comes with an AI made specifically for the map! (See post below.)

Download link

Extract to your Army Men RTS root directory.

Six player map, although only four players are recommended, as six can cause lag. Teams each start in their own little cavern, with the central area connecting all six. You must fight your opponents using only three tiers of grunts, as well as encroaching territory using the unique set of towers available. The only resources available outside your starting supply are located in the central area, or in any unoccupied starting locations. The ruleset is a modified version of the original HQ one, however instead of defending and requiring an HQ, you simply need a barracks so survive.
Details of unit modifications
  • Unit limit has been increased 3x
  • Bulldozers have increased health and speed. A new bulldozer may be acquired through melting a large building.
  • Dump Trucks have increased health, speed, carrying capacity, and collection range.
  • Barracks have increased health, build time, and price. They can also be upgraded a third time into a Super Duper Barracks.
  • Resource Depots have decreased health.
  • Guard Towers require a Barracks to be built and remain unmodified.
  • Flame Towers require a Super Barracks to be built. They have less range than a Guard Tower, but can inflict splash damage.
  • Pillboxes require a Super Barracks to be built and are slightly more powerful.
  • Sniper Pillboxes require a Super Barracks to be built. They fire sniper rounds inflicting massive damage to infantry, but build slowly and have low defense.
  • AA Guns require a Super Duper Barracks to be built. They now have long range mortar projectiles, but can only target stationary buildings.
  • Barbed Wire Posts require a Barracks to be built. They cannot be fired upon and have infinite fence range. However they can only connect to towers, and not to other barbed wire posts.
  • Sarge remains unmodified.
  • Scorch now utilizes splash damage.
  • Grunts can be built at any time. They have lower health, less range, and slower movement speed.
  • Heavy Grunts require a Super Barracks to be built. They have better health, range, and firepower from a regular Grunt.
  • Elite Grunts require a Super Duper Barracks to be built. They have the highest amount of health, move the fastest, and deal the most damage. They are also the most expensive, take the longest to build, and cost double towards the unit limit.
  • Guardians require a Super Barracks to be built. They move slow, deal light damage, and cost double towards the unit limit, but they are also able to restore health to other units.
  • Radio Operators require a Super Duper Barracks to be built. They have extremely low health and movement speed, requiring maximum attention.
  • Paratroopers now drop 9 troops instead of 5. The paratroopers themselves are unmodified.
  • Magnifying Glasses are much more expensive and take longer to build. They now also last twice as long, making them much more effective at destroying large buildings.
  • Bombing Runs require a Barracks to be built. They build faster, but only deal damage to infantry units.
  • Glue Bombing Runs require a barracks to be built. They deal no damage, but they will freeze any units in their tracks for a short period of time.
Images
Special thanks to Minty for helping me take screenshots!
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: New map: Grunt Wars

Post by TommyCD1 »

Putting the AI for this map in it's own link, so that people who mindlessly download the main map without reading anything won't whine then their game stops working. =))
gruntrush.zip
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
gruntrush.zip
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
DOES NOT WORK ONLINE UNLESS EVERYONE IS USING IT! WILL ALSO CRASH ON EVERY MAP BESIDES THIS ONE!
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

I remember this map :kittty: But why would 6 players cause lag?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Because the unit limit is set to 210, which I forgot to mention. Whoops! :"> =))
"Can we order a pizza?"