Army Men RTS 2 ???

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
johnweven
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Army Men RTS 2 ???

Post by johnweven »

Hello! My name is johnweven and today I'd like to present to everyone an inspired remake of AMRTS known as Real Toy Soldiers. Our lead programmer nathanfranke has been putting a ton of effort into the development of Real Toy Soldiers since the summer of 2018! Nathan has already asked 2k for the assets and for the game and are excited to see it come into fruition. Me and his brothers Aaron and Ryan have been supporting him in the process and we wish to seek support.

Preview:
Last edited by johnweven on Sat May 18, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Soldier: Oh no! We have some really bad news. The Reds are building tanks!
Blue Soldier: The Plastic Red Army is building tanks? What kind of tanks? How Many?
Green Soldier: They are building storage tanks.
Blue Soldier: ...
nathanfranke
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Re: Army Men RTS 2 ???

Post by nathanfranke »

:SWEET: Super excited to see your reactions! :ROCK: Can't wait to continue working on this project!

Let us know if you can help us with
- Music
- Sounds
- Voices
- Models
- Ideas
- Maps

"What I mean is, you changed my life. And then, I changed your life. And now, we change our lives."
- Sapphire, Steven Universe
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

I have no idea what this is but it looks interesting. Keep us updated.
j3rry
Map Maker
Map Maker
Russia

Post by j3rry »

Alright.
It should be released on mobile platform (iOS, Android), because in my opinion that is pointless to make this for the PC.
Last edited by j3rry on Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rarefy (R.SX)
Half Track
Half Track
Mexico

Post by Rarefy (R.SX) »

holy shit... how the hell did you even have the resources and tools to remake it this far?... :o

- Secondly, it looks like a masterpiece but its super different... i feel like it needs to be more modernized... not so "high-tech"... It looks like its not completely done.. but you know... I think you know what i mean. :GAME: :SWEET:

- also i suggest you to name it perhaps "Army Men: RTS (Modern World Era)" maybe... to give it a good layed out idea. This game can really work if you ask me... honestly.
nathanfranke
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Post by nathanfranke »

j3rry wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 am Alright.
It should be on mobile platform (iOS, Android), because on PC it is pointless to make IMHO.
We primarily plan to release it on PC, but one of our designers wants to expand it to mobile too.
Sophrozyne wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:49 pm holy shit... how the hell did you even have the resources and tools to remake it this far?... :o

- Secondly, it looks like a masterpiece but its super different... i feel like it needs to be more modernized... not so "high-tech"... It looks like its not completely done.. but you know... I think you know what i mean. :GAME: :SWEET:

- also i suggest you to name it perhaps "Army Men: RTS (Modern World Era)" maybe... to give it a good layed out idea. This game can really work if you ask me... honestly.
Thanks for the ideas... Can you elaborate on "high-tech" and modernization?

Also, the current name is "Real Toy Soldiers" based on one of our team member's ideas. Because of licensing, we might not be able to directly copy "Army Men: RTS"

EDIT: If you're asking about the tools and resources, we're using Godot Engine. It's an excellent game engine and it's truly free. 8)
"What I mean is, you changed my life. And then, I changed your life. And now, we change our lives."
nathanfranke
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Post by nathanfranke »

E]x[F-Sniper wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:45 am I have no idea what this is but it looks interesting. Keep us updated.
Do we have permission to use Clan ExF maps for this game?
Yes you can.
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Post by HarrickGreen_TRB »

NOw this interesting, are there new campain?
nathanfranke
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Post by nathanfranke »

HarrickGreen_TRB wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:26 pm NOw this interesting, are there new campain?
We plan to make our campaign relatively similar to the theme of Army Men: RTS (Reclaiming the house controlled by Tan), but with more content in general. For example, we might implement
  • Insect forces, possibly controllable
  • Other teams like blue, red, yellow, etc.
  • Play as a different color than Green
Of course, if you have any ideas related to this you can suggest them in this thread.

:-)) :S:
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Post by HarrickGreen_TRB »

nathanfranke wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:01 pm
HarrickGreen_TRB wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:26 pm NOw this interesting, are there new campain?
We plan to make our campaign relatively similar to the theme of Army Men: RTS (Reclaiming the house controlled by Tan), but with more content in general. For example, we might implement
  • Insect forces, possibly controllable
  • Other teams like blue, red, yellow, etc.
  • Play as a different color than Green
Of course, if you have any ideas related to this you can suggest them in this thread.

:-)) :S:
Sound good!