Army Men Timeline?

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
Viper0311
Noob
Noob
Australia

Army Men Timeline?

Post by Viper0311 »

Hi everyone,

I'm under the assumption that the World War series takes place first, and that RTS is the latest entry (at least in my mind).

The original army men series is actually connected with Air Attack, and Sarges Heroes is a reboot of the original.

RTS can follow either SH2 or Air Attack/Original series.

Does this sound accurate?
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Re: Army Men Timeline?

Post by Secg »

As far as I can tell, Army Men games run along these timelines (universes :? )
  • The classic timeline: (in chronological order)
    Army Men 1 >Army Men 2 > Army Men: Toys in Space
    Army Men 3D is remake of Army Men 1

• The Sgt. Hawk timeline:
    Sarge's Heroes 1 > Sarge's Heroes 2 (protagonist: Sgt Hawk) > Portal Runner (protagonist: Vikki)
    Air Attack > Air Attack 2 (protagonist: Cpt. Blade)
    Air Tactics (protagonist: Cpt. Blade) (position in timeline unknown)
    Green Rogue (position in timeline unknown, but definitely after SH1 & SH2 & before Sarge's War)
    Army Men Advance (position in timeline unknown)
    RTS happened after Green Rogue
    Sarge's War is the chronologically last game of this timeline
  • The World War time timeline:
    World War > Land, Sea, Air > Final Front
    Team Assault (position in timeline unknown)
  • Stand-alone games:
    Army Men: Turf Wars
    Army Men: Operation Green

Major Malfunction: chronologically after Sarge's War :? idk (if the Sarge who got microwaved & melted down :-(( in the prologue cutscene were indeed Sgt. Hawk (not in my head-canon tho' )).
    EDIT: Global Star planned Major Malfunction to be the first game of the reboot Army Men series; still, Major Malfunction was so negatively X-( reviewed. That, coupled with disappoting sales, got all those plans cancelled.

Soldiers of Misfortune
Last edited by Secg on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
ImageImage
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

Viper0311 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:41 am RTS is the latest entry (at least in my mind).
RTS is the last game released by 3DO; yet Sarge's War, by Global Star, is actually the last of the Sarge's Heroes timeline
Viper0311 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:41 am Sarges Heroes is a reboot of the original.
I think not so! In Air Tactics, Cpt. Blade interacted with both Col. Grimm & Sgt. Hawk; that's why I think Air Attacks & Tactics & Sarge Heroes & AM Advance & Portal Runner all happen within the same timeline :o

The Tan villain Plastro appeared in both the classic series (1, 2, TiS) & the Sarge's Heroes 1, 2, & Sarge's War, but I think it more likely that the classic series happened before Sarge's Heroes & Sarge's War.

How any of those timelines are chronologically connected with the World War series is uncertain. Nevertheless, because the World War series featured weapons inspired by World War Two weapons while other series featured more advanced weapons; I concur with you that the World War series is chronologically the first.
Last edited by Secg on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

I haven't played most of the titles, but I believe Secg to be accurate with his info. One thing I liked to think about is how
In Army Men II, there's a subplot where the Green Colonel goes rogue, and Sarge is forced to find and terminate him. I like the theory that the Sarge of the classic series later becomes Colonel Grimm of the Sarge's Heroes chronology, since the first green colonel is now dead.

I don't believe World War to take place at the very beginning though, since in that one the final mission involves taking the Tan's capitol and ending the war. Although I suppose there could be more than one war, since Sarge's War also sees "the end of the green / tan conflict". I've also only played the original World War game, so I wouldn't know if said war continues in the sequels.

Also, speaking of the timeline, I wonder what ever happened to Dr. Madd, or Major Mylar...? :-B
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974