How to get acess to the hidden forders

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Re: How to get acess to the hidden forders

Post by HarrickGreen_TRB »

Secg wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:50 am
HarrickGreen_TRB wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:24 am but im asking how to access em btw
It seems strange that even after enabling File Explorer to show hidden files, folders, and drives, I can not see any hidden base, AMRTS Studio & Studioi in your copy at all.

I wonder how much more I can help you. Yet can you kindly inform me what happen when you attempted to access any of those three by double left-clicking on them? Did an error message pop up?
The "base" i mean is a folder not 2 files
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

TommyCD1 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:30 am The VSC.rar you provided does not seem to contain any of the hidden folders, which leads me to believe they are somehow protected, or they may simply be completely empty. If you are able to recurse them using a file explorer, whether it be thru this "minecraft extractor" or through 7-zip, maybe you should take a look inside the folders using those programs.
sfs.png
pfk;ldk;.png
lljfk.png
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

The problem we have here is it only show folder, not files, and a strange thing is when i delete the folder "3DO" which contain my game, and then go up on internet download a rar copy of the game and install it in completely different folder (the 3DO folder is in disk C while my game folder is in disk E) but some how i still get the folder 3DO back even i permanently deleted it
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

and yet, i used both program and even the file reader for modders of Red alert 2 it still appear the same result that i cant see the files inside the folder, only the folder
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Hmm. I'm sorry to ask again, but you are certain these folders are empty?

If they follow your install around, you may be experiencing something with Windows. I remember on my mother's computer, when I uninstalled Army Men, Windows actually remembered all the mods and savedata I had on that copy, and then when I reinstalled it about a month or so later to LAN test some maps, it actually also reinstalled the mods and stuff too, like persona files. It was very strange. Maybe this is occuring here as well? The two folders named Studio shouldn't really be a problem anyway since the game doesn't recurse those folder names, but the base folder could prove problems if it has any gameplay mods inside of it...
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

TommyCD1 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm Hmm. I'm sorry to ask again, but you are certain these folders are empty?

If they follow your install around, you may be experiencing something with Windows. I remember on my mother's computer, when I uninstalled Army Men, Windows actually remembered all the mods and savedata I had on that copy, and then when I reinstalled it about a month or so later to LAN test some maps, it actually also reinstalled the mods and stuff too, like persona files. It was very strange. Maybe this is occuring here as well? The two folders named Studio shouldn't really be a problem anyway since the game doesn't recurse those folder names, but the base folder could prove problems if it has any gameplay mods inside of it...
OMG I JUST FOUND OUT THIS, I SWEAR I DONT EVEN DELETED A SINGLE FOLDER WHEN UPLOAD
wtf.png
OMG.png
OMG.png (26.01 KiB) Viewed 971 times
OMG.png
OMG.png (26.01 KiB) Viewed 971 times
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

it MISSING 200 MB!!!