How to get acess to the hidden forders

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: How to get acess to the hidden forders

Post by TommyCD1 »

Are you sure these aren't simply hidden folders that you may have forgotten you created? Why are they secure, and again, what's inside them? 7-zip in particular is simply a file management program, so I highly doubt that these folders are linked in any way to a specific extracting method...
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Post by HarrickGreen_TRB »

i dont know mmm
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Re: AMRTS hidden forders

Secg wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:02 am I've used 7z to extract files from my two AMRTS copies (PC & PS2) in my possession & 7z does not reveal any hidden folder.

Would you kindly upload your AMRTS copy to a file-hosting service (like MediaFire or DropBox) so I can download & examine your version?

Thanks in advance!
OK
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

HarrickGreen_TRB wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:24 pm Here is the copy:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1b3ycrpg ... C.rar/file
Thanks, HarrickGreen_TRB!

I've used 7z to extract your AMRTS'scopy's contents & I access those hidden folders by just... opening them with double-clicks or right-click then 'Open'

In the folder C-Cheat there are a Q-build trainer & a readme.txt instructing users how to use the trainer;
In the folder extras there are a Great Battles Unlocker, HQ SKinner, & ModRemover;
In the folder Put stuff don't need for now here there are (1) a persona folder for three AIs default.x, gb.x, HardRush.x & a ruleset folder for survival.x ruleset
In the folder mods > persona, there is the AI survival.x, while in mods > ruleset, there are the rulesets for sarge.x, koth.x & protect.x

It seems that you'd downloaded many mods & then extracted their contents into your existing AMRTS root directory, thus resulting in the not-so-hidden folders. If you want a relatively intact AMRTS copy without hidden folder, you can download ruhani's copy from here

Once you'll've downloaded ruhani's copy, do NOT extract its contents into your existing root AMRTS directory, just create a brand new folder (say AMRTS-Original) whereinto you'll extract ruhani's copy's contents.

All the best!
Last edited by Secg on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

Secg wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 am
HarrickGreen_TRB wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:24 pm Here is the copy:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1b3ycrpg ... C.rar/file
Thanks, HarrickGreen_TRB!

I've used 7z to extract your AMRTS'scopy's contents & I access those hidden folders by just... opening them with double-clicks or right-click then 'Open'

In the folder C-Cheat there are a Q-build trainer & a readme.txt instructing users how to use the trainer;
In the folder extras there are a Great Battles Unlocker, HQ SKinner, & ModRemover;
In the folder Put stuff don't need for now here there are (1) a persona folder for three AIs default.x, gb.x, HardRush.x & a ruleset folder for survival.x ruleset
In the folder mods > persona, there is the AI survival.x, while in mods > ruleset, there is the rulesets for sarge.x, koth.x & protect.x

It seems that you'd downloaded many mods & then extracted the contents into your existing AMRTS root directory, thus resulting in the not-so-hidden folders. If you want a relatively intact AMRTS copy without hidden folder, you can download ruhani's copy from here

Once you'll've downloaded ruhani's copy, do NOT extract its contents into your existing root AMRTS directory, just create a brand new folder (say AMRTS-Original) whereinto you'll extract ruhani's copy's contents.

All the best!
Oh yes i downloaded the fresh copy from this forum so i have the extras folder, the C-cheat is just me simply dowload the qbuild trainer from sphinx, the put stuff don't need for now is just me created a now folder to store AI mod, but the folder you have listed is not the three folder i want to access, they are "studoi","AMRTS's studio","base", u can just look at it in 7z and other file extract but cant not access or edit thosse folders, but i still agree with you that maybe be the result of installing mods to my AMRTS root directory.
HarrickGreen_TRB
Tank
Tank
Vietnam

but im asking how to access em btw
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

HarrickGreen_TRB wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:24 am "studoi","AMRTS's studio","base"
but im asking how to access em btw
My computer reads one base as an archival .x file & the other as an archival .x-e file (both of which can be read, though not modified, with NopePad). As for why your computer reads base.x and base.x-e as one single "hidden folder" base, I have no idea idk .

As for AMRTS studio and Studioi, all codes pertaining to the AMRTS studio has been removed so there is NO way to access the AMRTS studio. Still, one can make AMRTS map with DR2 Studio, modified for AMRTS, available here

To "access" the base.x (this is the archival file which contains nearly all assets & configurations for AMRTS' objects like units, resources, bonuses, etc.) you can
  • download Pandemic Studios' utility DrPack from here and install DrPack
  • download Notepad++ (v7.7.1) from here & install the software
    Right click on the base.x, choose Open with NotePad++, Save a Copy As base.zwp
  • Double left-click on base.zwp and a folder base will appear in the same directory the one containing as base.zwp, you can access that base folder by double left-clicking or right-click then 'Open'
    The .cfg files can be modified with NotePad++,
    the .tga textures files can be converted & modified & the reconverted.
    Don't bother modify the .god model files though
The other base.x-e can be similarly "accessed"; it contains audios & videos files for the game.
Last edited by Secg on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Post by Secg »

HarrickGreen_TRB wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:24 am but im asking how to access em btw
It seems strange that even after enabling File Explorer to show hidden files, folders, and drives, I can not see any hidden base, AMRTS Studio & Studioi in your copy at all.

I wonder how much more I can help you. Yet can you kindly inform me what happen when you attempted to access any of those three by double left-clicking on them? Did an error message pop up?
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

The VSC.rar you provided does not seem to contain any of the hidden folders, which leads me to believe they are somehow protected, or they may simply be completely empty. If you are able to recurse them using a file explorer, whether it be thru this "minecraft extractor" or through 7-zip, maybe you should take a look inside the folders using those programs.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974