2019/10/XX Monthly Updates

Read the latest changes made to the forums.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

2019/10/XX Monthly Updates

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

- Topics in the mods category have been separated because I felt it started to get really cluttered and actual mods were being buried. Hopefully it makes things easier to find things.

- You can know tag other members in a post by adding @ sign then start typing their name and a list will pop up. Select the user from the list and they should be notified when they are tagged. For example @E]x[F-Sniper.

Code will look like:

Code: Select all

[mention]E]x[F-Sniper[/mention]
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Re: 2019/10/XX Monthly Updates

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

So while I was trying to update the default avatars, I noticed that they were not showing on the actual posts like they show on the "Latest Topics" section of clanexf.com. I'm really not sure how long this has been going on for but I will be fixing this here soon so if you notice the forums are disabled or have different skins, it's because I am trying to fix this issue.

A default avatar is just a generic image that shows when a user doesn't upload one themselves.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Ah, I thought it was an intentional change. Personally I found it to look and flow better, it being an optional customization one can have like a signature. Don't want one? Don't use it and it won't show up.
I also thought it flowed better because most posters don't bother with an avatar and it makes the posts generally more compact, and having no avatar also doesn't draw immediate attention away from the username. I know avatars are meant to be an immediate identifier of a person at a short glance and I feel like a "default" avatar could potentially produce the opposite effect.

Just my opinion though! :W
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

You're actually right @TommyCD1, it was setup like this by design. I just noticed this while looking through a default board with no mods. Originally, the reason why I had a default avatar was to encourage users to add one, so that their profile was a little more personal. This was done in 2008 I believe.
Now that I know it is not a code issue, I'm just going to leave it be. I will leave a default avatar on the website though.
I did however find out that the boards default template (prosilver) was corrupt so at least I found and fixed that problem.
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

I updated the 3 templates, Green Purple and Blue. I also removed the other ones since no one was using them. Hopefully everything runs smoothly.