Special Operations Maps to MP

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Rarefy (R.SX)
Half Track
Half Track
Mexico

Special Operations Maps to MP

Post by Rarefy (R.SX) »

This request goes out to all the Map Creators if you could try attempting this. :GAME:

Ive been wondering since we have the Special Operations add-on mod that TommyCD1 has made. Has anyone ever gave it a try to convert the maps to be playable in Multiplayer?.. idk ... Ive been very curious if anyone would try to edit or re-create some of these map files into actual playable multiplayer maps. I really want to try out the Road Block or Sandy Beach map myself....

If anyone has the power, try it and post it here. im stoked already. Lol.
j3rry
Map Maker
Map Maker
Russia

Re: Special Operations Maps to MP

Post by j3rry »

R.CX wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 am
It will not be a problem to convert them, but there will be a problem to adapt them to the multiplayer. By this I mean following things: team placing, resource ballancing. If you have got any ideas for it, you can pm me or better write to me on Discord, so we could discuss it in more detail.
Last edited by j3rry on Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnos
Half Track
Half Track
Egypt

Post by Magnos »

I already did it but not fair for some of them
Magnos
Half Track
Half Track
Egypt

Post by Magnos »

R.CX wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 am This request goes out to all the Map Creators if you could try attempting this. :GAME:

Ive been wondering since we have the Special Operations add-on mod that TommyCD1 has made. Has anyone ever gave it a try to convert the maps to be playable in Multiplayer?.. idk ... Ive been very curious if anyone would try to edit or re-create some of these map files into actual playable multiplayer maps. I really want to try out the Road Block or Sandy Beach map myself....

If anyone has the power, try it and post it here. im stoked already. Lol.
what is Special operations add on mod?
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

He's referring to this. It lets you install the special operations from the PS2 version of the game onto your PC version.

As for making them multiplayer, I would agree with j3rry in that it could probably be done fairly quickly, but balancing the maps for multiple persons would be a great task to do.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Rarefy (R.SX)
Half Track
Half Track
Mexico

Post by Rarefy (R.SX) »

j3rry wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:21 am
R.CX wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 am
It would be no problem to convert them, but it would be a problem to adapt them to MP. I mean these things: team placing, resource ballancing. If you have got any ideas for it, you can pm me or better write me on Discord - we can discuss it.
Alright J3rry, ill shoot you a message so we can perhaps discuss it in discord... I want to look into these maps and edit them into playable multiplayer maps... Always had a creeping curiosity of how that would turn out. mmm